George Digweed Attacked at home

B&W FOX

It has been announced that George Digweed and his wife has been attacked at his home and trophy's, medals and a couple of guns were stolen in the raid.

Sad that George and his wife have had to suffer this - with enough silverware to support the royal mint, someone must have imagined they could trade it all in or at least be a lot better with a Perazzi.
Joking aside, not what I would like to have gone through.
I hope life returns to normal asap for them and the perpetrators are forced to load traps for him for ever or until he misses, which may be the same thing ?

hopefully the perpetrators will get court and as they have stolen firearms with violence will find themselves behind bars for a very long time not just community service
it is a gun crime after all so min sentence must apply !
hopefully george and kate recover from this trormer quickly as this sort of attack can have a long lasting effects

so 4 masked thugs smash through doors and proceed to beat the owners and ransack the house
Please tell us why they deserved this ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Awful scenario. His name/status are irrelevant here, although of course the culprits probably knew about his considerable haul of silverware and other valuables. Bad enough to return home and find you've been burgled in your absence, but to be targeted and attacked in your home...
Let's hope some of this stuff proves too hot to handle and they're caught.

so 4 masked thugs smash through doors and proceed to beat the owners and ransack the house
Please tell us why they deserved this ?

Thank you for this post Bandit. (and JAYB)

Don't know the fellow from Adam but this family and their friends will live with this for the rest of their lives.
I hope those that done it get just retribution.
I doubt we who have not experience this sort of crime, can ever truly understand the psychological consequences on normal people.....

Worth noting the offending post referred to by Bandit has obviously been removed, since it immediately followed the OP.

interesting that the Uks most successful Sportsman of all time gets done over and nothing on the news

wonder if Sir Paul Redgrave would have been ignored by the BBC if some one had beat him up and nicked a couple of his 5 Olympic Gold medals

unfortunately it is a double edged sword as it can be pointed out that this is why guns should not be in private homes

also not sure heat security you can come up with to stop 4 armed men who are willing to smash thro plate glass knowing the house is occupied and also willing to go straight to violence to subdue

Just watched the clip on this, I don't think any of us would have relished that experience. Hope the investigation is successfull.

M

unfortunately it is a double edged sword as it can be pointed out that this is why guns should not be in private homes

also not sure heat security you can come up with to stop 4 armed men who are willing to smash thro plate glass knowing the house is occupied and also willing to go straight to violence to subdue
Iam not sure if this part of your comments are helpful to our fraternity, however it will certainly help the anti's, in my view

Iam not sure if this part of your comments are helpful to our fraternity, however it will certainly help the anti's, in my view

Its worth noting however that it is the police's responsibility to prevent crime as well as bring criminals to justice. In this case, they must have judged George's security adequate (given his profile and the violent anti brigade) and as the police always say, if some thief wants something, including guns, they will go to almost any lengths to get them. Reasonable security against reasonable threat. I think anyone, even anti's would see this incident is well beyond the majority of burglaries - these people need to be caught quickly and be put away for the protection of everyone.

There is another side to this - perhaps they broke in when they knew someone was home in order to ensure access to the firearms? It is likely that only the most extreme criminal elements would be willing to do this and, therefore, it might support the position that current firearms security measures prevent all but the most extreme attempts to gain illegal access to firearms.

In the end it is impossible to stop the most extreme events no matter what measures you put in place and there are lots of examples, including the Hatton Garden Robbery or the massive intelligence operation mounted against terrorism in Europe, demonstrating that even the highest levels of security can be breached.

This is the most horrible event and to happen to one of the greats in our sport. I hope this gets priority police time and the perps get prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. No doubt his public profile contributed to his being targeted. I hope the sporting community and not just shooting, rise as one to support George and his family.

it is a gun crime after all so min sentence must apply !

.. and often doesn't. Just today I read that an individual was charged with attempted murder having gut shot some bloke. At trial the 'victim' suddenly states that the bloke in the dock isn't the shooter! Trial collapses, accused gets done for illegal possession only. 18 months sentence. What can you say? I've given up complaining to my MP, the CPS and Attorney General. Until we have a robust, meaningful and proportionate sentencing regime, crime will continue to pay and people will continue to get away with (attempted) murder.:(

Back