Action Alert from BASC - unexpected as no longer a member

kes

This is really for David BASC who once asked me on another site for evidence that BASC continued to send me material by e-mail, despite me not having been a member for some time. This David is todays message sent to an e-mail address BASC should no longer use.

Display problems? View this newsletter in your browser.
ActionAlert-header-600x57.jpg
BASC Head Office, Marford Mill, Rossett, Wrexham, LL12 0HL
Tel: 01244 573 000 www.basc.org.uk
business2.png
[h=1]Have your say on proposal
to take white-fronted geese
off the quarry list in Wales[/h]The Welsh Government is seeking views on a proposal to remove white-fronted geese from the quarry list. Five options are presented in a consultation which ends on 7 March.
BASC is calling on all shooters in the UK to email natureconservation@wales.gsi.gov.uk by 7 March in support of option 5 proposed in the consultation, which is to retain the status quo - a voluntary ban on shooting Greenland white-fronted geese. The other four options are various ways of taking white-fronted geese off the quarry list.
The voluntary moratorium on shooting white-fronted geese on the Dyfi estuary has proved highly effective since its introduction in 1972. However, protectionists continue to lobby the Welsh Government for the species to be taken off the quarry list.
BASC will be responding to the consultation in support of option 5 and urges all shooters to follow suit.
Click here for a BASC briefing on this issue.
Click here to visit the consultation page on the Welsh government website.

business2.png
[h=2]Get the most out of BASC membership[/h]

Get the latest monthly snapshot of what we are doing on our BASC Bites page.
Visit the home page for latest shooting and conservation news and links to
member services and benefits including our motor discount scheme.
business2.png

This won't help kes, but it might help Paul.

If you log into BASC's website and click on "Mailing Preferences" you can identify what newsletters you want to get and which email address they should be sent to. Then just check that BASC is on your list of safe senders in your email program. Always worth checking "Junk Mail" as well.

BASC.jpg

When I asked for their help all I got was told what to do myself, which I knew already, but as I was in the Job felt that it would be better coming from someone outside on my behalf.
So since then I have never had, nor wanted, anything from BASC other than their periodical and a copy of the Insurance to satisfy some shooting agents.

My son joined the CA when in his teens because they gave you free membership and shooting insurance. He used my email. He has long since not been a member, but I still get their email circulars.

It's no biggie, it's all about an activity that I enjoy and as such don't mind a bit. Sometimes there's nothing of interest but often there is. It's just a click to delete anyway.

Frankly, Kes, there's worse things you could get by email. Unless you've already helped out the Nigerian prince wanting to move money out of the country, had your private parts enlarged, got all the compensation you can from the banks for selling you stuff you didn't even know you had and had interesting computer conversations with Bouncy Betty from Barnstable. :D

Psyxologos I wouldn't call it tripe, it's nice to keep informed even by occasionally reading websites of organisations that I don't belong to.

I find it strange that the other day several site members were complaining about certain shooting organisations not being on the ball and campaigning on behalf of shooters. When in actual fact if they have looked at the websites of these organisations over the last couple of months they would have found that the organisations in question were on the case long ago.

Psyxologos I wouldn't call it tripe, it's nice to keep informed even by occasionally reading websites of organisations that I don't belong to.

I find it strange that the other day several site members were complaining about certain shooting organisations not being on the ball and campaigning on behalf of shooters. When in actual fact if they have looked at the websites of these organisations over the last couple of months they would have found that the organisations in question were on the case long ago.

Yes, but then where would the fun be if we couldn't post indignant messages on internet forums such as this one demanding "why isn't _______ doing something about this?"

[fill the blank with the name of your preferred membership organisation]

;)

Yes, but then where would the fun be if we couldn't post indignant messages on internet forums such as this one demanding "why isn't _______ doing something about this?"

[fill the blank with the name of your preferred membership organisation]

;)

My wife has hurt her back and is signed off work for three weeks. Now what the hell does BASC plan to do about it!!? What do I pay my subs for exactly?

Last weekend I lost my old Kammo Fieldcoat by leaving it on the roof of my pal's truck. Entirely BASC's fault of course.:rolleyes:

Are you guys familiar with the Australian folk song from the time of Ned Kelly and his bushranger gang operating in the gold fields?
It goes something like "farmer Brown's cow is off the milk, blame it on the Kelly's". Apparently the Kellys got blamed for every crime anywhere in the state or for that matter any other state at one time, regardless of whether they were around at the time or not.

Back