Are all Vitaras 4X4?

Yorkie

Hi.
Lady I work with has just got a 3 door, 1.6vvt, 56 plate Vitara. As I have a 4x4 she asked me how her 4x4 worked. I said there will be a dial on the dashboard with the various settings. She assured me there was not so I had a look. Sure enough there is nothing I can see to switch the 4x4 system. The dial I expected to see is a blank. Did Suzuki make a 4x2 version?
Thanks.
Yorkie.

The 56 plate Grand Vitara's were all 4x4 permanent drive. The new Vitara only some are 4x4 (All Grip) badge on tail gate

Last edited:
The 56 plate Grand Vitara's were all 4x4 permanent drive. The new Vitara only some are 4x4 (All Grip) badge on tail gat

Hi.
Thanks for replying.
So how would you select 4-low etc without the dial on the dash?

Yorkie.

Yorkie surely the place for the lady to look is - http://www.suzuki.co.uk/cars/owners/my-useful-info/owners-handbooks

I think only the three door derv on the mk2 grand vitara has the select-able 4wd not sure about the latest model though

Hi Yorkie
it says Using the transfer switch petrol 5 door and diesel engine models so they must have made one in 2wd

simo

They make a 2wd, a lot of vehicles that are 4wd are available else where in the world in 2wd. Is it a import.

Hi lads.
Not sure if it is an import or not. Having looked at a few pics from the ones for sale on auto trader it would seem there are a few. I suspect it is permanent 4x4 just without the diff lock or low range.
Appreciate the help lads.

Yorkie.

Back