Thread: stainless steel tumbler

stainless steel tumbler

Hi folks i am thinking about buying a stainless steel tumbler.What advice is there on these and what tumblers are available and where from.Idont need it to hold more than say 50 cases at one time.

Thanks rab
    When it come's to vermin. OVERKILL is better than NO KILL.

Take a look at the tumblers from Henry Krank. I have one and they are fantastic. Baldie from valkyrie runs one also.

Official Sponsor to Team GB F Class

I have a standard midway cleaner in which I use corn cob, could I use the stainless needles in that ?

nope they will just sit in the bottom

Would you recommend them over ultrasonic and dry media Mark? My current brass prep process is US clean, dry, deprime, size, trim and debur, then tumble for 6-8 hours in walnut media. It works quite nicely, but one less step would be nice.

th eonly down side is you haveto dry them but with the right equipment even this is a pop there is nothing to compare how clean they become

I bought a Thumler tumbler with stainless steel media from Spud and transformed my cleaning process. I found the dry media would after several tumbles leave the brass slightly dirty which meant more elbow grease with a cloth to Finish. With the stainless you just pour the muck away with the water and start again with clean media - makes sense it works as well as it does. It's a bit more upfront cost and much depends on how much you like super clean brass - which I do!

For anyone not familiar with the SS media process, this is how I do my cases.