Deer stalking fair Kelso 2016

Topstalker

Hi guys dose anyone have any information on this fair not much on the website no list of who or what's going to be there?is it worth a look is anyone going?
Thanks

I asked on FACEBOOK where I could see a list of exhibitors and received no reply, as above I too looked on their website and could not see a list of EXHIBITORS.

Went the first year and never been back. Unless that kind of thing really floats your boat I wouldn't travel from Kilkenny for it !

Is it going ahead this year - seems a bit of slow advertising campaign
perhaps they are looking for main sponsor - but I would have expected a concentrated promotion this near

Wish them good luck with it though

It's probably close enough for a lot of people, but too far away for me. Good luck, though.

Guys, there were a few details that held us up this year, and as correctly suggested one was in fact sorting out a sponsor. While this is not essential it certainly helps in providing something extra for the visitors and assists in getting the name out there through their advertising and network of customers.

This year Viking Arms and Meopta are sponsoring the event. They will have an extensive range of their products at the fair and provide prizes for the free to enter draw. There has been adverts in some of the shooting magazines and more to follow over the next few weeks.

Our web developer has been very busy and has a lot of work in hand to deal with for our website. This year has shown us how difficult things can be when there are only 2 of you doing it with assistance from another friend when needed. We are getting there and hopefully this week will see a lot of updates to both the website and the FB page.

I did an extensive write up on here a wee while back for this years event. Here is a link to it.Deerstalking Fair, 9th/10th April 2016, Border Union Showground, Kelso

Hi;I realise its a little late in the day, but anyone know a contact for whom may provide details of trade stands for this show? having recently started a new business venture, now a trade member of this wonderful site, I'm still looking for a little more exposure and this sounds a great event. Any information greatly received. Thanks in advance, best regards :)

Hi;I realise its a little late in the day, but anyone know a contact for whom may provide details of trade stands for this show? having recently started a new business venture, now a trade member of this wonderful site, I'm still looking for a little more exposure and this sounds a great event. Any information greatly received. Thanks in advance, best regards :)

I can if you want to PM me.

A pm to the man who wrote the post above ''jamross''

We have been asked to highlight some of the products, exhibitors and traders attending the Deerstalking Fair this year. This is not an exhaustive list as the traders carry a large range of products from many brand names but it gives an idea of who/what will be there. We have changed things round a wee bit and moved the catering into the smaller rear hall, this is to allow the previous dining area to be used as a dedicated lecture/seminar space. So, don't panic, scoff and drinks still available, just do a wee bit searching! We have still to finalise what seminars will be held but so far we have Glyn Ingram, Training Officer for BDS doing a talk on Trophy Preparation, CIC on Trophy assessment and the changes to scoring. It's likely there will be a seminar on dogs for deer and rifle accuracy and ballistics, as well as skinning (John Snowden doesn't know he's doing it yet), butchery and cooking demos. Born In The Borders are based near Jedburgh retailing in local produce that includes game, venison, wines and other tasty stuff! They also brew their own beer! They will have a large display there and host tasting sessions. We will update this list as it progresses over the next couple of weeks. One last thing to mention, there will be a huge range of reloading products there from Brock and Norris and Game and Country, as well as some others so bring your certificates with you if you need anything, or give them a call before hand to ensure they have what you want.

Viking Arms
Merkel
Haenel
Ruger
Meopta
B&T
Real Avid
3HGR
Alan Rhone
Krieghoff
Lynx Rifles
Shultz & Larsen Sound Moderators
Rcknagel
Contessa
Ziegler
Bauer
Game & Country
Castle Gunmakers
Monarch Country Products
Moray Outfitting/Highland Stalking School
Z Aim Slings
Vortex
Minox
Sauer
Nomad
Country Covers
Brock and Norris
Richard McKay Tailoring
Stalkers UK
UKSHA
Cluny Country Store
Zeiss
Hammond Sporting
Arxus Sweden (footwear)
Viper-Flex Shooting Sticks
Kelmsdale
Deerhunter
Castrom
British Deer Society
Scottish Gamekeepers Association
Brent Norbury
NiteSite
SMH
CIC
Stick Makers
Jager SA
Staffordshire Synthetic Stocks
Born In The Borders
Eden Valley Venison
WM Rose & Sons Ltd
Polaris
Toyota
Isuzu
Sentinel Deer Management

Gutted it clash's with a long standing pre-planned trip to Poland, Defo in the diary for next year, a real nice mix of trade stands there by the look. Very best of luck !:)

Well that's that then! Didn't want to, but now I'm forced to bring wifey to make me brew. I can't function without a cup of Rosie Lee!!!
S.

Is there a lads night out on the Saturday if I decide to stay over in the General area, stayed at coldstream last year, lovely welcoming place.

Dom

Back