Scope Zeroing in Co. Durham?

Co1

Can anyone recommend a range or shooting ground (or anything else) in the Durham area that I can use to zero and check zero of my scope? There are a few small bore clubs around but not much in the way of full bore clubs. Also, I don't really want to join a club as I'm not into target shooting, I just need somewhere I can occasionally check for zero. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Cheers
Col

The only ranges I can think of are all military ones - I zero on my lease and choose the time that will cause least disturbance.
You could join the Three Counties Sporting Club which shoots at Ponteland on a monthly basis, generally at 100 and 200 yards. Let me know if you are interested in the club and I'll pm the club secretary's details.

Co 1 why do you say that you don't want to join a rifle club because you aren't into target shooting. I think you may have the wrong impression of rifle clubs. The majority of the members of the club that I belong to are sporting rifle shooters or stalkers who use the club for zeroing, load development and shooting practise.

I'm not saying that all clubs are similar but I wouldn't dismiss the idea totally out of hand. Also you could find that annual membership is far cheaper than the occasional hour a few times a year on a commercial range.

Co 1 why do you say that you don't want to join a rifle club because you aren't into target shooting. I think you may have the wrong impression of rifle clubs. The majority of the members of the club that I belong to are sporting rifle shooters or stalkers who use the club for zeroing, load development and shooting practise.

I'm not saying that all clubs are similar but I wouldn't dismiss the idea totally out of hand. Also you could find that annual membership is far cheaper than the occasional hour a few times a year on a commercial range.
Three Counties fee is £60 pa - training to get the MOD certificate of competency will be a requirement
A lot of stalkers use the club as well so a good place to meet people

Braidwood have the tunnel range, bit of a trek from Durham (about 2h) but you can shoot in all weathers without cross wind, but not on mondays

Back