Thread: watoc

watok licence for captive deer parks
    welfare of animals at time of killing
    anyone know the score with this ? the person culling is licenced not the park apparently ?
    cheers Norma

I presume that you have already looked here
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Right now APHA won't consider an application for an assessment of competence to obtain a WATOK licence for the culling of park deer because they say "Park deer are usually considered wild animals, unlike farmed deer, and there is no requirement to hold a WATOK licence in order to cull them with firearms."

I referred them to a copy of the NGO magazine article, so that's being discussed by them internally as we speak.

In the meantime I said what about a WATOK ticket for park and farmed deer, to which the response was:

"We do not carry out assessment of competence for farmed deer, because you would need a Certificate of Competence rather than a WATOK licence for that purpose. So you will need to contact the Food Standards Agency who can provide you with information on how to proceed for that.

If you need a Certificate of Competence, and you obtain one then you will be able to cull park deer as well under that certificate, you would not need a Watok licence, if after all it is decided that there is a need for one. "

All copied to BDFPA, so hopefully it will be fully clarified in due course.
    Last edited by Old-YOP; 01-03-2016 at 18:17.

much obliged also to the SD member who pmd me SD at its best again .