information wanted on new Hawke scope

tony1

I read a article in the gun mart (I think) about vantage sf 3-12x44 half mil.scope made by hawke optics
However once had read it, I was not sure if this scope is just for air rifles or can safely be fitted too a centre fire rifle. any advise appreciated.
thank you in advance.

I read a article in the gun mart (I think) about vantage sf 3-12x44 half mil.scope made by hawke optics
However once had read it, I was not sure if this scope is just for air rifles or can safely be fitted too a centre fire rifle. any advise appreciated.
thank you in advance.

I have a hawke scope on my .308 - I wonder if thats why it wont group well !!!
It was recommended although specified for a.308 - I'll check the model and get back to you. Might be worth contacting another hawke retailer and see if you get a positive response ?

Sorry tony, its an MTC Viper. It has a paper with it which gives ranges for .22 12 ft lbs and 28 ft lbs and below says the rifle scope is suitable for centrefire and has been tested on rifles up to and including .5 BMG - looks like I'll have to look for another solution to the wobbly group - I can feel a new rifle coming on in .308 !! Sorry I couldnt help !

Hello Tony 1, if you look on hawkes website they show several models of vantage scopes, a few of which are specificaly designed for 17 and 22 rimfires. I would suspect the others are designed for airguns, might be worth trying though. All the best, Jim.

I have had two clients lately with centre fire rifles fitted with Hawke scopes. Waste of time for large stalking rifles. They do not collect anywhere near enough light and as soon as dusk comes on you may as well use iron sights.

I do not know what models they were but for stalking I would look to a good second hand S/B or if you can go further Leupold or Zeiss/Swarvo.

Back