Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Easy to use smartphone

Easy to use smartphone

Up to this moment I am a Nokia man. Simple, small, reliable, good connection, close to perfect. The only thing I would like to add is a decent camera. So the question is simple, but the answer probably isn't. Is there an easy to use, reliable smartphone, not to big to fit is a trouserpocket, excellent battery life, good connection, ....... ? Or should I better stay with a traditional Phone.
    I hardly sent any tekst messages. Need glasses for this and they are not always in my pockets. I use my phone to call, but a camera could sometimes be usefull.

Stick with your Nokia,smart phones are OK but with your list of requirements would be overkill and touch screen is a beast to get used to!!

I agree with 2130.

I have a Nokia C3 (qwerty keypad) for everyday use including taking pics and a Samsung Note for the internet.
    Which one would l miss most?- The Nokia for sure!

Just get a small camera; it will be so much better.

I will say though that I've seen some surprisingly good shots from the bigger phones but they've been nearly the size of i-pads & look very fragile.

Not necessarily this specific camera but something along these lines would be very handy & as the lens retracts is probably about the same size as a small mobile;

I had my basic Nokia for years, had it for years, i even dropped from the top of a BT pole when i worked for the, it bounced on the road, didn't fall apart, and when i picked it out of the wet grass it still worked!

But, i felt the need to get a Smartphone, for various reasons, and the one i settled on, which has been very reliable, and for you has a great camera, is a Moto G, no complaints here.

Deer stalking and fly fishing opportunities in Devon

+1 for the Moto G, great phones, add a microsd card and you can store the world on it.
    Is there a time and place for spontaneity?

If you want the best smart pnone then buy a Galazy S5. Firstly it takes brilliant pictures, removable battery and micro SD card and is to a degree waterproof and highly dust resisitant. I have a really good lumix pocket camera but invarriably take all my pictures on my Galaxy. Link it up to your G mail account and everything automatically is updated so no worries if you loose or destroy it. Currently I have 4 k pics on my phone all backed up.

I have some great 10x8's prints made from some pictures and Jessops were very impressed by the picture quality and resolution.

Car phone Warehouse have a link up with samsung so you can book yourself into a user course and that will be a great benifit.

Get an Iphone and you'll never look back. Iphone 5s would be my choice.

Quote Originally Posted by highland stalker View Post
    Get an Iphone and you'll never look back. Iphone 5s would be my choice.
    I got rid of my iPhone a few months ago and I wouldn't have another given!!! I got a Sony Xperia, far more user friendly, better battery life, better camera by far, I'd have been better off with an exasketch than the camera on the iPhone, truly terrible, I came out of the phone shop like a men being released from prison when I got rid of it!!!!! I've got a "LOVE MEI" case for the Sony, great case.

i too was a bog standard nokia man - however the Mrs got me a Motorola G3 for xmas.

i really can't praise it enough, it really is waterproof - not just rain waterproof, but drop it down the toilet waterproof - the camera is excellent, and what i've found is that while it does far more than i ever wanted my old phone to do, i now do far more than i did on my old phone!

like all smartphones, the day of the 2 week battery life is long gone, however it will take - for example - half a dozen texts, a 5 minute phone call, a weather forecast check, half an hours web browsing a day for 4 days on one charge. silly things like turning it off at night will turn 2 days charge into 4 days charge...

my advice, whatever smartphone you decide to get, would be to get a leather phone case for about 5 on fleabay - it not only protects it from falls and bumps etc.. but stops it dialing people from the comfort of your pocket...