Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lucky Gamekeeper

Lucky Gamekeeper

Think this guy should put a bet on the lottery as someone's looking after him!

Lost gamekeeper found after night in Cairngorms - BBC News

Did the right thing stayed with his vehicle and got found ,nice to hear a good outcome.Normally its a teaching tit in a kagool and flipflops with an out of date O/S map thats lost in the middle of nowhere being looked for .
    she buys shoes i buy ,shooting,she stops buying shoes,il be amazed

Certainly a very lucky chap,

I'm really glad this turned out well, but, he's not half going to get some stick!!!!

Hi, Lucky just shows everyone how easy this can happen. He did the right thing stayed with vehicle made best of a bad situation and a happy out-come.

Now don't get me wrong here. I am glad that the guy is ok. But it's not that big a deal. Ever heard of a guy named Shackleton and what him and his team survived? Gives a sense of perspective. And there's lots of other stories. Doug Scott crawling down from The Ogre with two broken legs for example.

Great outcome. That is one bleak place to break down. Not seen "Big White Hunter" on here for a while, but as head keeper would surely of been very concerned when one of his team didn't return. Hats off to all concerned especially the mountain rescue/helicopter personnel.

Glad it turned out well but would credit him with a large gob of commonsense and luck - as the saying goes, you make your own luck in life

SD Regular
    East Midlands M1/M69 Junction 21
    Guess he didn't probably get any help with it from BASC either?

Told he only had a 50-50 chance so wasn't much they could do....

Well done to all involved. Clearly the H&S and all those risk assessments paid off in this instance as he done the correct thing and had is PPE with him.