BDS HIGHLAND BRANCH AGM
REAY FOREST ESTATE.
Achfary, Lairg, Sutherland IV27 4PA
(By kind invitation of Westminster Estates and David Allison, Head Stalker)
2 APRIL 2016, 11:00 am
AGM will be followed by a short presentation by David Allison covering deer management on Reay Forest Estate.
David will then give his opinion on the direction of upland deer management in Scotland over the next decade. Al Monkman will chair an open discussion.
Following a picnic lunch (bring your own piece) the UK Scent Hound Association (UKSHA) (Mereside & Wolverine here on SD) will deliver a presentation and practical demonstration covering:
· Understanding of the ‘red’ and ‘green’ zones for best follow up to the shot site
· Practical demo followed by Q&A
· Three examples of shot sites, with Q&A
· Final shot site to follow up
· Call in one of UKSHA to demonstrate how they would follow up
· Practical use of the hound on a short track for BDS members to see how UKSHA work. Q&A.
· The objective is a taster for anyone wishing to understand how UKSHA members go about follow up from the moment they get to where the deer has run.