Audi and the Snow

greenhillstairs

Anyone else have a mate whom took a day off work yesterday to pick up his recently acquired gleaming £20K + Audi from the dealership in Preston? Only picked the worst day of the winter thus in the Northwest of England!! Just so happens to be the same bloke who frequently refers to a "Landy" has a "Tin of Spam wi Wheels" :norty: After his 2hr journey just to get there, I do hope he enjoyed the "Spinnnnn" back wom !!:rofl:audi.jpgLANDY SNOWY 2.jpg

Landy, goes from time to time,

an Audi goes adui long and on and on and on and on,

i would rather be seen stuck in an Audi than sat in a landy.

bob.

You can't call a freelander a proper Landy, and an Audi, is just a skoda or a vw, nothing special either just the badge,

I found it was tyre or rather wheel specific with Audi Quattro's in the snow. My missus had an S3 (pretty sporty) with low profile tires and it was quite frankly crap in the snow, my mate had a TDI Quattro with 'normal' rims and got everywhere no dramas.

Not had an issue with the freelander yet to be fair, not as capable but dare I say it more reliable than a defender.

You can't call a freelander a proper Landy, and an Audi, is just a skoda or a vw, nothing special either just the badge,

Skodas and VW all run psuedo 4wd, electronic, Haldex systems,
Audi A4 upwards runs a Torsen, (Torque Sensing) mechanical and permanent 4wd system.....like a landy...but more advanced

I found it was tyre or rather wheel specific with Audi Quattro's in the snow.
My missus had an S3 (pretty sporty) with low profile tires and it was quite frankly crap in the snow, my mate had a TDI Quattro with 'normal' rims and got everywhere no dramas.

Tyres are alwasy the limiting factor, its the reason the freelander was stuck!

S3 runs Haldex electronically controlled 4wd...not the greatest even with nobbly winters on

you can't compare a high clearance, SUV shape, 4WD to a 4WD saloon.....but i know which one I would want to be in for more than 50 miles!

Have had an old style A6 Allroad for years, well over 200,000 on the clock but still going strong.

Remember doing Zig-Zag Hill outside Shaftesbury in the snow when the only other thing that got thro was a tractor.

Let me down once.....bottomed out on the sump/front strut in boggy heathland ......good old Mitzi L200 had to drag me off my tump!

The shiny A7 sits in the drive.....

I run an a4 allroad with winter tires - no fun at all. Turn traction control off, boot it hard and you still can't make it power slide type fun. It's very solid and have driven in truly appalling conditions and it's not going to let you down.

Wonder if it's the "rarity" that makes Audi's and beemers sought after. :rolleyes: Not as if it's every second car you see is one :rofl:

Wonder if it's the "rarity" that makes Audi's and beemers sought after. :rolleyes: Not as if it's every second car you see is one :rofl:
They will soon be collectors items after 23rd June if we vote out,the Germans wont be trading with us anymore apparentley?!?!?

They will soon be collectors items after 23rd June if we vote out,the Germans wont be trading with us anymore apparentley?!?!?

Oh of course they won't, merc, Audi, VW, and others will just stop selling their cars here out of spite . We'll have to take up knitting fog instead of buying their motors :rolleyes:

Oh of course they won't, merc, Audi, VW, and others will just stop selling their cars here out of spite . We'll have to take up knitting fog instead of buying their motors :rolleyes:
We should be OK,apparentley they still make VW Beetles somewhere in South America,we may be able to strike up a trade deal with that Nation!!

I can just see the transporters now removing all the German crap ................................. sorry cars. Taking them back to germany after we british are declared unfit to purchase them even at the insanely inflated prices they are even now!

Realistically they are more likely to just refuse or get very difficult over supplying spares.

Maybe we shoulod be wondering about the Optics side more?

Of course a bonus might be the lack of Blasers :evil: :stir: .............................. :rofl:

Back