Best electronic caller ( cost vs efficiency)

bambislayer

Looking to buy an electronic caller

the most obvious one, well at least the one that everyone is talking about is the Foxpro. Can any one give me feedback on this or any others.
cost is a bit of an issue as I've been a bit spend happy this year ( and the bosses haven't said anything, yet!):)

I've heard some good reports about the U caller, anyone have experience of it ( would be looking at upgrading speaker etc)

U-CALLER WITH REMOTE CONTROL FOR FOX BIRD DEER CALL HUNTING INCLUDES USB

Have been happy with my Foxpro wildfire, I believe the icotec have greater range but to be honest I wouldn't want to be more than 100 yards from the caller, especially at night

I asked a similar question a while ago and I have been directed towards the best fox call Icotec GC500. They have been highly recommended. I am going to be ordering one very shortly in time for lambing.

Ecotec GC350 (£140 ish) or GC500 (£180 ish) would get my vote. Both have the ability to upload your own calls, the GC350 has 20 calls at any one time while the GC500 has a digital screen remote so you can use about 200 I think. Both have jacks for external speakers although the built in one is more than enough and they also have ports to add a visual decoy.

I don't think you can get better for the price in my opinion.

What's your eyesight like? The trend now is to have callers with 1 million calls and displays so small you need a magnifying glass. The foxpro spitfire has a large screen so you could see the text. Unfortunately they have stopped making it and the new ones have tiny screens and twice the price. Grrr.

i bought the icotech 350? 24 calls, lots of range but I need to remember what call is on what button.

if any of the manufactures are on here, could they come out with a sub £200 pound caller with a 100 yard range min and an LED screen that I can actually see without wearing damn glasses. And I don't need 200 calls. 20 should be more than enough. Oh and keep all the batteries the same. Preferably AA please. In controller and caller. Then I don't need to buy others for spares.

What's your eyesight like? The trend now is to have callers with 1 million calls and displays so small you need a magnifying glass. The foxpro spitfire has a large screen so you could see the text. Unfortunately they have stopped making it and the new ones have tiny screens and twice the price. Grrr.

i bought the icotech 350? 24 calls, lots of range but I need to remember what call is on what button.

if any of the manufactures are on here, could they come out with a sub £200 pound caller with a 100 yard range min and an LED screen that I can actually see without wearing damn glasses. And I don't need 200 calls. 20 should be more than enough. Oh and keep all the batteries the same. Preferably AA please. In controller and caller. Then I don't need to buy others for spares.

My caller came with a card that you can write the calls/buttons on, I've also written the list on my phone and screen shotted it so it's always to hand in the dark without the need for a torch to read it.

I have the 200 call FoxPro wildfire with attractant attachment.

its the muts nuts, but the display needs to be sorted for us old farts,

BUT there is a function on there that if like myself you only use about 5/10 call you can select a menu with larger writing(just the call number) I now have a small laminated sheet in the cab that tells me number 1 is da dit da etc etc.

I also have my caller on a 2' high alloy stake so it is up off the ground so

A, I can see it

B, they can see it

C, I can control it from around 125/130 yards now with no issues. who needs it any further than that.( I also use it from the truck with an external speaker and boy does that work.

sounds are crystal clear and very good volume control IE: the caller can be raised bit by bit not jump by jump so going from low to loud and no place in the middle.

overall very happy as I have had it years now, and will not be changing it anytime soon, its great having the range on the caller but no use if the sound reproduction is pants and if its that far away you cant see it/hear it to be able to pause or up the volume to a level the foxs may not like it and you end up spooking them away..

regards

bob.

I have the Icotec GC 500, glasses to read display!!, & don't drop it, if it lands arse end first the weight of the magnet will shear itself off the speaker, apart from that , a good caller.

And the above reason is why my caller is getting moved on, screen is only of use to folks with better eyesight than me.

5-5 Large Text Mode this is for the wildfire and the wildfire 2,

all you need then is the calls on a slip of paper, job done

If you have trouble reading the text on the screen, you can engage large text mode on the TX-9.
This will display the 3 digit sound ID number along with the 2 digit volume level in large text
only (nothing else will be displayed). To engage this, press Volume Up and Volume Down
simultaneously. To switch back to normal text mode, reverse this process

bob.

+1 for you singing stalker, i very rarely take my foxpro out any more as i cant read the bloody screen and im not going to start taken glasses with me.

Back