Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dunblane

Hi Just a thought for the families of this horrific massacre, 20 year anniversary. Program on 21.00 bbc Scotland tonight. This mindless act affected us all with all the legislation that followed. RIP.

Hi, Well I'm shocked no response, not talking about it does not make it go away. Watched program last night it was heart-breaking, we were working on an estate pheasant shoot about 5 years after this happened, I was their for around ten years before it was folded, losing drives to development for houses. Don't think we had a full day without incident involving members from the public.

I saw an interview on breakfast news with the family of a survivor really heart breaking hearing them talk. I think we are very guilty of thinking of it as the reason hand guns went I certainly was, I never considered the families or victims can't imagine how I would feel had it been my kids school really sad it happened

Wonder when we might get some truth of the matter re hamilton & licensing issues.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Quote Originally Posted by rover View Post
    Hi, Well I'm shocked no response, not talking about it does not make it go away.
    And talking about it helps how? will rescind the knee-jerk legislation? Let sleeping dogs lie.
    The real problem with political jokes is that they get elected...
    I have summat for sale; here's the M̶i̶d̶w̶a̶y̶ Brownells UK price... effin jokers.
    "The .30-'06 is unstable at close range" - Ahahahahhahh!
    Big Government - Truly a curse on mankind.

Enough damage has been done. What's the use in talking about it now?

Quote Originally Posted by finnbear270 View Post
    Wonder when we might get some truth of the matter re hamilton & licensing issues.
    100 years I think ? so 80 left ...........
    Right where's those stones , I'll start !

Fully recognised as a tragedy by all gun owners as well as the public at large, we all have great sympathy with those affected, following which was a complete overreaction by national media both press, TV and politicians about banning handguns. In typical kneejerk style our clear thinking members of parliament did just that.

In my view, the tragedy lies more at the door of police Scotland in issuing an FAC to Hamilton and particularly the Assistant Chief Constable at the time who over-ruled the advice from the investigating police sergeant during Hamiltons FAC application.
    Blaser K95 Luxus Kipplaufbüchse .25-06Rem. Zeiss 8x56, 110gn Nosler Accubond = Game Over!

Yep the truth would be nice.

Could start with his Autopsy, 100 years, disgusting cover up!

Quote Originally Posted by tackb View Post
    100 years I think ? so 80 left ...........
    This was covered in the enquiry .

it highlighted huge failings on the side of the police as Hamilton's character was certainly questioned by many, including a local club who banned him ( police were notified).

as said it was a huge tragedy and I can remember exactly where I was when I heard about it ( in a similar way people talk about the Twin Towers & JFK)

My wife had recently graduated from Stirling Uni and we knew/ still know people involved, it is a shadow that has hung over the small town.

As as responsible gun owners, we must think back to this and really put thought into whether we agree to give references for certificates as well as think about the way in which we conduct ourselves in the shooting world.
    Personally , I've refused 2 people in the last 6yrs as I just had be honest with myself. It will no doubt loose you friends but we must be honest about it.