Thread: hello from london

hello from london

Hello everybody,

Im a newbie both here and in general. Ive been a member here for some time now but this is my first post as i was getting a bit of an inferiority complex looking at many experienced hunters here.

I have inherited the love of hunting from my family who were into big game hunting in India but due to the blanket ban, I couldnt hunt there.
    I am now based in the UK where I shoot both clays and game.
    I am very fond of guns, shooting, hunting but dont have much knowledge and hope to learn a lot during my stay here.

I have 2 shotguns which i use to shoot clays, sporting and Olympic skeet.I also do wildfowling and am a member of a small phesant shoot.
    I have just been through an interview + inspection for my FAC and hope to get my stalking rifles soon.
    I did my DSC level 1 in feb.
    I am also a (lousy) fishing enthusiast and love horse riding. All in all, im in for all countryside persuits.
    Im a member of BASC, couple of wildfowling clubs, a shooting syndicate, a stalking syndicate, a few shooting grounds and the NRA shooting club at Bisley. (Not to mention other internet forums)

All in all I have had a wonderful time and the shooting community on the whole have made me feel very welcome and have been very helpful.

I hope members will be patient with my newbie level queries and statements.

Last edited by shooter; 28-05-2010 at 20:11.
    Born to hunt, forced to work.

Hi shooter,

lots of good advice and help with deer and stalking related things on this site.

Welcome aboard, you should come along to the next London meet-up.