RWS bullet heads where can you get them?

western woodsman

I have seen on the RWS home site some very interesting new bullet types and especially lead free varieties. But where can you buy these in the UK? I have seen that RUAG do the RWS ammo, but I don't see them selling bullet heads for reloading. Maybe I'm wrong. Can anyone advise?

Yes RUAG import RWS, but they only import a limited range and don't do bullets at all. I've asked the directly. I am not sure why given all the fun and games in getting stuff from the US, when there is such a good variety of components available just within the EU

Indeed ADR FOX....don't get me started!

This is the whole problem with RUAG (and Kranks') they get these exclusive agencies for the UK then don't bring in the whole range (RUAG = RWS and Krank's = PRVI) yet by having exclusive agencies block anybody else that might, actually, carry ALL the range.

Winds me up it does when I wanted some 8x60S cases made by PRVI. Krank's wouldn't, or couldn't be bothered, yet as their agency was exclusive nobody else could bring them in either.

There must be a member on here that could source stuff and send it over by this I mean one in each country not one person we could trade Marmite or cadburys chocolate from the UK to poor expats

Not from France any longer.

When they removed the military calibre prohibition they also uplifted ALL cartridge cases (so all previously uncontrolled hunting calibres 8x60S, .270 WCF, 7x64mm) into the category requiring authority to purchase.

My 8x60S cases came from France before that change in the law and so no problem either with buying them at the gun shop or the French Douane (Customs) at Gare du Nord. Couldn't buy them nor transport them now.

Last edited:
Not from France any longer.

When they removed the military calibre prohibition they also uplifted ALL cartridge cases (so all previously uncontrolled hunting calibres 8x60S, .270 WCF, 7x64mm) into the category requiring authority to purchase.

My 8x60S cases came from France before that change in the law and so no problem either with buying them at the gun shop or the French Douane (Customs) at Gare du Nord. Couldn't buy them nor transport them now.

Could you not just show your EFP as I do to buy live ammo when I am in France?

As for Rws bullets I get my 9.3 from Alpin straight to my door.

Last edited:
Yes I thought it bizarre with all the problems of supply from the States that no one with business sense exploits this situation and gets EU or other regularly supplied reloading kit from elsewhere, e.g. South Africa etc. The German bullet designs look very good(they would!), but how to get them? I was looking at Alpinhunting and this is good, but I did not see the full RWS range there either. I was looking for their versions of lead free.

I totally agree with you Western Woodsman as I too would be keen to purchase RWS bullets, incidentally the very same subject has come up several times before. However RUAG have stated that they are simply not interested in selling reloading components in this country. Poor thinking in my view.

It seems a very odd way to do business what with customers actually looking and asking for the product yet the official importer saying they are not interested! What does RWS think of this I wonder?

RUAG and RWS are I believe all owned by the same multi national corporation as Norma.

I just had a quick check. It appears the one of the webshops here in Norway sell RWS bullets for reloading. Prices are fairly steep (as it is with most things here :D) and I didn't check availablity.
The webshop in question is hjemmelading.no (Trond Alvestad)
not sure if he caters for international orders though.

Back