Any new sightings of Muntjac North East

Plessy woods blyth furthest north I know of, my terriers put one up near houghton last year and we take a few off land near Sedgefield we have. I'm sure they are more widespread just don't see them on my land

Plessy woods blyth furthest north I know of, my terriers put one up near houghton last year and we take a few off land near Sedgefield we have. I'm sure they are more widespread just don't see them on my land

Yep I've seen then near Sedgefield and Wynyard. Houghton is interesting , anywhere near the Golf Course?

Hi this is a very interesting subject having had a good few on my land near Sedgefield (and not shot them as the Landowner liked to see them) over the last few years the numbers though have dropped. I only saw one last year, "my Spaniel flushed it from dence cover" this year i have not seen one . I have mentioned this to the Deer Society and they say this seems to be the case throughout Durham. So is it the lads with Long Dogs or not enougth to sustain a population or something else it would be interesting to hear your thoughts and experiences from other parts of the country ?

As sc says arrived by van and then promptly left in another! if its not wearing a tin hat up here its got no chance!

A slightly different idea but I would be more than happy to see some CWD moved around the country. They don’t seem to shift as much as muntjac though. They’re possibly less destructive though?

Yes definitely one run over between Belford and Berwick a couple of years ago but not sure how many they brought up here but they don’t seem to survive

Back