Icotec gc 500

204rem

icotec GC500 i've been looking at these calls. does anybody use these and are they any good for pulling Foxes in ? thanks rem

You can get round that by choosing your favourites before you go out. I tend to use three or four then you can easily flick between then. Alternatively just buy a cheap pair of reading glasses with you!

You can get round that by choosing your favourites before you go out. I tend to use three or four then you can easily flick between then. Alternatively just buy a cheap pair of reading glasses with you!
Big ears have you downloaded any English calls to your caller.or do you just use the pre-installed American ones ?

Last edited:
I find it no problem reading the display even at night with the back-light, i have also only UK calls on mine good bit of kit. But they are not the be all of foxing sometimes they work other times they don't.

Big ears have you downloaded any English calls to your to your caller.or do you just use the pre-installed American ones ?

Plenty non US calls here
Calls
fox pro
Down load them to your computer, back up the existing calls from the memory card to your computer (in case of screw ups) then copy the new calls to the memory card. Finally, connect the caller to the remote with the sync cable so that the new calls show up on the remote display.

Cheers

Bruce

They are good, but the display is tiny - even someone with perfect eyesight would need glasses to read it.

Cheers

Bruce

go for the GC350 if your eyesight is too bad. It only holds 24 calls (plenty for me) but has 12 decent sized buttons on the remote and a switch to flick so the buttons can bring up a second call. I have the list of calls saved on my phone if I need to check but it also comes with a card to write them on so can be as big and clear as you like.

Alternatively, check out the Flextone FLX500 from Scott Country. Has 3 speakers, holds up to 500 calls and the remote has a lovely clear display. (Plus it's a tenner cheaper than the Icotec!)

Iv got the gc500 and personally having used it for 12 months the first chance I get il be throwing it and buying a foxpro

Back