Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oldest photo

Oldest photo

Just for fun I have found an old photo of mine that I have put in the trophy room. It shows a very youthfull skinny Sikamalc with 3 Red Stags I had just bought back off the hill in Scotland. I took all 3 in 4 hours of stalking, with a 243. This was back in the distant past of 1989. These are not the first Red Stags I had shot, but it was a red letter day.

There are many on here that have stalked longer than me, Stag1933 for a start, but it would be nice to see some old photos and the tail behind them. I will tell the story behind the photo if people want me to, but I do not want to bore anyone.

Good to see so many new people coming to the site, and for all of you that are working on or have just passed Level 1 well done and good luck.

i would love to hear the stories behind this one but just be gentle as i don't think i was born then

Come on Malc, tell us!
    I know there are some who don't like the tales, but they don't HAVE to read them, so go on get typing!

Malc where are you in the photo? All I can see is Granville out of 'Open all hours'!

Hi Malc
    I didnt no they had colour film back then
    Mr B I didn't no granville had a moustache do you think he got them stags in the basket on his bike

More like Begbie from Trainspotting......!

Lets join in the fun, first known pic of me with deer:

From the days when cameras weren't allow to focus and rifles were carved from a solid block of crap by a company called Parker Hale

Lets join in the fun

Drew, Looks like the old P.H. was good enough in the Pic.
    I don't think mine was carved from a solid block of crap. But will soon see if it's me or the rifle.

True enough Old Man, it certainly did the business that day...and actually it was a well loved rifle and took a lot of beasts for me.

Myself, late 60s or early 70s.
    7x65R cal. with 173gr bullet. [11.2 grammes.]