Lady Lairds

Anyone watching this tonight, BBC1 9pm. Last weeks episode showing how the lady Lairds manage their estates, including a couple of goes at the stags.

I will be. I have stalked with Mrs Patterson and she is extremely capable in the larder with a knife I have to admit to being impressed.stag.jpg

Last edited:
I thought it was a fairly good program about the Lairds ,and showing the struggles in running a modern estate, as most estates loose money.
Was that a wardrobe malfunction by Nicola Sturgeon , pinging a button or was i imagining things ?

For the BBC I was really impressed with the way the content was presented. The explanations offered on the management was very straightforward and even showing the act of taking deer was a surprise as I expected the camera shot of the gun going off and then jumping to the dead stag scene. Instead it showed the shot, the deer drop and a bit of the gralloch and bloodying of the novice. It was also relevant to show that old stag succumbing to the winter weather and the explanation why that happens. All in all a good portrayal I thought.

Loved the scene on this weeks programme where the old mum was slating the actor Robert Carlisle when they were filming there!

No doubt there will still be complaints sent in. :rolleyes:

Just watched this whilst working at the computer & I have to say that it was realistic & thoughtful series & gentle towards the participants, which was very welcome. A delightful programme with everyone coming out of it well.

I saw it & it did do a fair job of showing how estates work with a bit of decent real world filming.
I was a little surprised that they invited the wee Sturgeon as a speaker - sleeping with the enemy what??? or keeping your enemies close???

Ian

Back