Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BASC or SACS

BASC or SACS

My renewal with BASC is due. I am interested in the insurance and someone to fight my corner with licensing should I ever have a problem with a varition etc (I would add that i have not had a problem to date but should i then I want to know the help is there).

BASC want £74 and SACS £40, so there is a big difference.

Any views, particularly with regard to insurance cover and each organisation fighting your corner.

I will stick with BASC unless SACS is the same or better.

Thanks in advance.

I find BASC very unhelpful.
    So I will be changing at the end of this month.

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Bob View Post
    BASC want £74 and SACS £40, so there is a big difference.
    You might find that the difference is bigger than you think - as an SD forum member you'll possibly qualify for the £32 per annum Syndicate/Club membership rate.

Been a member of SACS for a few years now. I had immediate personal contact from the Director when my FAC was returned from renewal partially revoked - great advice assisted me in getting all sorted very quickly. After informing them of my intentions I had an email by return from their insurance brokers with a covering letter for an 11 day shooting trip to Porugal.

Top notch service from SACS and I understand they are willing to be proactive on a number of issues that affect both members and the wider field sports community.

Quote Originally Posted by Stumack View Post
    I find BASC very unhelpful.
    So I will be changing at the end of this month.
    Ive found them to be unhelpful and unprofessional a view shared by one too many shooting friends. As a result I'd never use them again, even if they were cheaper than the competition.

In my 3rd season as a SACS member & cannot complain about anything so will certainly renew for the forthcoming season. Not had any reason to resort to their assistance, definitely appreciate their lower cost and less bothersome mail. A newsletter every so often does it for me.
    Cannot see any reason to pay the higher BASC fees.
    Blaser K95 Luxus Kipplaufbüchse .25-06Rem. Zeiss 8x56, 110gn Nosler Accubond = Game Over!

Dorset/Somerset/Wilts Border
    Blog Entries
    Yawn! Here we go again.
    Yes I should have taken the Blue Pill!

We were so busy congratulating ourself of dodging Orwells vision we marched right into Huxley's.

gone NGO just to start it off again

SACS, helpful and personal contact. Look up the number on the web site and Alex, Jules or Beth will be happy to discuss with you.

I have been with SACS for what must be 10 yrs now and they are great,and they get things done unlike BASC.

Basc costs more but I've never seen sacs on the telly sticking up for the sport.