South Africa /UK border force permits

ljs

Hi Guys please see email received below re rifles and South Africa transportation of firearms .Last year I travelled several times with no problems but apparently they are now insisting on an export permit from UK.,
as well as your SAP520 form

Thank you for your telephone call. I can confirm that the South African authorities now require a 'letter of temporary export' upon entry into SA, or they may detain your weapons. We can arrange for this to be sent out to you, however we require a few pieces of information from you first:-

·Copy of the ID page of your passport

·Copy of letter of invitation from the hunting party

·Copy of flight details to and from South Africa

·Copy of the full, valid, firearms certificate

·Details of which firearm(s) and ammo will be exported

Please send all the scanned documents to this email address and a letter will be sent out in the post ASAP. Alterantively you can send photocopies to our postal address but this may take longer to arrive.

Yours sincerely,

Nicholas Richards
Border Force Officer

I reported this some time ago, do a search for UK export license and look for my post about this, easy to do and although some say its not needed, just get one to save any delays at the airport this end. Deerwarden.

Update ,
just been through Heathrow with all the forms completed nice and easy .... I asked the border force officer about this form and flights into South Africa ,he confirmed they will also issue paperwork from Heathrow while you wait takes 10 mins if not to many people checking rifles in

SAPS certainly are requiring the export certificate now when arriving at JNB. But I would be interested to hear if others have had them issued by UKBF at LHR.

Hi Guys please see email received below re rifles and South Africa transportation of firearms .Last year I travelled several times with no problems but apparently they are now insisting on an export permit from UK.,
as well as your SAP520 form

Thank you for your telephone call. I can confirm that the South African authorities now require a 'letter of temporary export' upon entry into SA, or they may detain your weapons. We can arrange for this to be sent out to you, however we require a few pieces of information from you first:-

·Copy of the ID page of your passport

·Copy of letter of invitation from the hunting party

·Copy of flight details to and from South Africa

·Copy of the full, valid, firearms certificate

·Details of which firearm(s) and ammo will be exported

Please send all the scanned documents to this email address and a letter will be sent out in the post ASAP. Alterantively you can send photocopies to our postal address but this may take longer to arrive.

Yours sincerely,

Nicholas Richards
Border Force Officer

Just wanted to say i sent my documents to UKBF yesterday morning around 9am and received my Export Permit letter email about 2pm... only 5hrs....

Also received an email this morning at 06.28 to confirm they will also be sending the Export permit in the post and should be with my by the end of the week...

Great Service... thanks

Back