I picked up my new to me CZ .22 Stutzen last Friday as per previous thread. I quickly fitted a cheap scope so I could test it and took it down to the range on Tuesday evening for a try out. I had bore sighted the scope at home and was pleased to find it was less than an inch out when I shot it. After a few shots it was on target [only 25m] and grouping nicely so I was very pleased. Nice rifle, nice groupings with the only complaint being the trigger is a little heavy but it ahs a nice clean break so I can live with it.
Any way yesterday evening I got an email out of the blue offering me a .22 semi which I have been seeking for over a year, 6 days after filling the .22 slot on my FAC with the Stutzen . I have said I want the other rifle but now have a quandary - do I have to sell my Stutzen or can I justify to the FEO another .22rimfire. I have spoken on the phone to the FEO and explained that my Stutzen will be for vermin as well as targets [which is the current condition] and the new one will just be for gallery/targets/competition, and was told it sounded ok so I might be able to put in a variation and get keep them both. If not then the Stutzen will have to be sold as the other rifle is top of my wish list.
Why oh Why did the email regarding the new .22 not arrive before last Friday then would have been nice and easy. Now I have a couple of weeks wait whilst my variation is looked at.
ps To those kind members who have pointed out various scope to me, what ever rifle I end up with I will need a good scope but it will not be an immediate need as I have to sort out the rifle situation first.