Hello from Jelen Deer Services

Jelendeer

Hi everyone,

I'm Mike, based in Hampshire and Director of Jelen Deer Services. Have over 30 years professional experience in all aspects of Wild, Park & Farmed deer management. Including chemical immobilisation (Darting).

I have the following qualifications:

WSCC (NSCC)
Advanced Stalkers Certificate
Advanced National Certificate in Deer Management (ANCDM)
British Deer Farmers Association (BDFA)/Sparsholt College Field Slaughter Certificate
DSC Level 1
30+ years professional experience

My stalking career began many years ago under the watchful eye of Barry Thom (A member of this site), to whom I'll always be indebted. In my career have personally culled over 8,000 deer of all species.

I hope to touch base with as many of you as possible.

Regards to all

Mike.

Welcome Mike.

I shot my first Fallow with your Company in your company only back in Dec 07, look forward to your input and knowledge on the site.

TJ

Hi Mike

Good to have you on here!.......i know from doing your immobilisation course and deer management course and getting my level 2 signed off by yourself back in 2003 that you will be an asset to this site with your knowledge and experience.......and if anyone has an embalming question i'm sure you'd also oblige!!

Are you still running any of your courses?......i know the estate went over to more horse livery.
If you are i reckon some of the people on this site would also benefit from your training like i did, your deer management course was far better than the DSC training and even the more experienced guys will learn a thing or two!!

All the best mate

steve

Hi TJ and Steve,

Great to hear from you guys, and thanks for your kind words. Yep, we're still running courses - Left Holywell in 2004 due to divorce (moannnnn!), so it got a bit political at the time. A good friend of mine was running the deer management there - and still is I think! But I've now re-married a gorgeous woman, and have an equally gorgeous 3 year old daughter.

TJ, I remember your Fallow - It rained, and rained, and rained if I remember rightly!!!!

I'm doing full-time deer management again now, with a little bit of freelance embalming (Don't stop moving you guys, or I'll have you!!), so its all going really well.

Hey Steve, did you ever get into any live capture/immobilisation work??

Give me a shout if you guys are down in Hampshire. It'll be good to meet up for some beer, and catch up with what you been up to.

Best regards to you both.

Mike

No festival for me, I'm taking the family to Dorset for the weekend too many bloody weirdos!
Matt

Hi Mike

I never really pursued finding immobilisation work.....although i did utilise what i'd learnt whilst working for Central Science laboratory on the wild boar project, but of course not immobilon....that would of been silly!..hahaha
A chap i know from Deryshire ( Rob....also guides in NZ) also did the course and was hoping to get some work, and i offered to help...but nothing came of it.

Could you pm me your phone number.....it would be nice to have a chat and catch up.

steve

Back