T3 stock in a 695 action?

karamoja

Hi all,
I am quite interested in GRS Beserk stock for my 695. Though they only make them for the t3. How different are they, is it possible/easy to make it fit?
Thanks K

Hi all,
I am quite interested in GRS Beserk stock for my 695. Though they only make them for the t3. How different are they, is it possible/easy to make it fit?
Thanks K

Your 695 is a flat bottomed action the T3 is rounded with a small flat, recoil lugs are also very different the T3 is just a piece of metal slotted into or moulded into the stock, mating into a groove in the bottom of the action, the 695 has a "L" shaped block engaging on a boss on the bottom of the action then into a corresponding slot in the stock.
You could probably make it fit with some extensive modification but as the stock is moulded it might compromise the rigidity of the stock.

Ian.

I would have a chat with GRS. They know how the stocks are made. It might be that one to fit a flat bottom action say a Ruger or Mauser might be a better fit - if you can open up the stock to get the action in, glass bedding can take care of the rest. Might be worth having a look at other brands that offer a similar style. EJG on here is probably worth a shout.

Yeah I've got both in the cabinet and they are quite different. As Heym says best to have a chat with GRS.

Thanks for the replies - I was thinking that if it was not to much I could machine the stock to fit and bed the action to fit? I thought that I had heard or read somewhere that it was not to difficult? Any way thanks for the replies.
Cheers K

Back