Game Dealers

Ghurka

At present I only have a small bit of land to stalk over, has enough deer just to provide me with venison for personal consumption. Reading through some of the threads on here shows that those of you with substantial land are shooting alot more deer and I am guessing that you are selling them to a game dealer. How does this work? I passed my DSC1 which includes the trained hunter section, so can I just approach any game dealer with a carcass? Does anyone know of any around the Bristol area?

Thanks

Ghurka,

As you are classed as a trained hunter as part of your DSC1 all you have to do is approach a game dealer with your hunter number to hand and a carcass/s that you have prepared and checked in the appropriate way... Most game dealers will then ask you to fill in a tag that is attached to the carcass and sign on the tag that you have checked the carcass... Then he will either pay you there and then by cash or cheque or will post you a cheque at a later date... Im not from the area so cannot advise you on trustworthy local dealers however Im sure someone on here can... I cannot think of anything else than what i have suggested you will be asked and in most cases you will not be asked for half the information that i have suggested...

Hope this helps...

ATB

Alex

Back