Range day on Notts Range

trev

For the last few years, i have held a free range day for BASC members usually on a bank holiday. Not one person has ever turned up.
Would anyone be interested if we did the same this year?

For the last few years, i have held a free range day for BASC members usually on a bank holiday. Not one person has ever turned up.
Would anyone be interested if we did the same this year?
where abouts in Notts mate and at what distance

The name of the range is Epperstone Range nr Lowdham.
The range goes back to 500m, but i'm only planning to shoot at 100m for zeroing and perhaps run a small comp, prone at 100, kneeling at 75, and standing at 50.
I was thinking of August bank holiday,
but i will be on the range this saturday if that is too far in the future.

The name of the range is Epperstone Range nr Lowdham.
The range goes back to 500m, but i'm only planning to shoot at 100m for zeroing and perhaps run a small comp, prone at 100, kneeling at 75, and standing at 50.
I was thinking of August bank holiday,
but i will be on the range this saturday if that is too far in the future.
i didnt know we had a range that long and so close,could you PM the details please

The range is used by two clubs I think and the BDS for range days among others, however the Notts Police use it and I was told have spent a few quid on it updating the firing points, there is also an indoor pistol and small bore range.
I haven't been in but have peered through the windows looks ok, it is a bit awkward to find if you don't know the area, google map Epperstone its just going out of the village on the left hand side if you are heading towards Newark.

Stone's mate has just opened a brand new range up near Ashbourne that should be well worth a visit as you can book it by the hour Epperstone is a bit awkward to get on to, you need to call the owner and try to make a booking or go on a club or range day.

Hi,
I'm thinking of having an open day on the bank holiday 30th August,
just the morning 09.00 till 12.00, using the 100m range.
Let me know if anyone is interested, so i have an idea of numbers.

The range is used by two clubs I think and the BDS for range days among others, however the Notts Police use it and I was told have spent a few quid on it updating the firing points, there is also an indoor pistol and small bore range.
I haven't been in but have peered through the windows looks ok, it is a bit awkward to find if you don't know the area, google map Epperstone its just going out of the village on the left hand side if you are heading towards Newark.

Stone's mate has just opened a brand new range up near Ashbourne that should be well worth a visit as you can book it by the hour Epperstone is a bit awkward to get on to, you need to call the owner and try to make a booking or go on a club or range day.

Do BDS still use it ? I think they lost the use of it !

Hi all,
Range day at epperstone, lets make it an open day on the 30th August,
Free of course, to any members of this site.
100m zeroing, a small comp for fun and if bad weather bring your rimfires and we will use the indoor range. Or should i say i will, you can shoot in the wet if you want to.
Let me know if your interested as i would like to keep numbers under 20.

Hi Splash,
BDS did not lose the range, they simply stopped making any bookings.

I think that was due to the BDS top dogs putting extra rules and costs on to the the Branch RCO's .
And then the branch thought it was not worth the agro from the BDS who always USED to say they stood for DEER welfare not a Stalkers group, They are keen to take money of stalkers though!!:-|

I used to shoot on their days and the branch were a good group of chaps. And a good range :)

I'm interested in the day . What are the comp rules going to be ?

Last edited:
Beat me thats all i ask, last year i bought a load of prizes, ran the comp and won it:rolleyes: its looks bad giving prizes to yourself.
Lets say, 100m 2 rounds prone, 2 rounds kneeling, 75 m 2 rounds sitting and 2 rounds kneeling and then 50m 2 rounds standing.
what do you think?

Hi all,
Range day at epperstone, lets make it an open day on the 30th August,
Free of course, to any members of this site.
100m zeroing, a small comp for fun and if bad weather bring your rimfires and we will use the indoor range. Or should i say i will, you can shoot in the wet if you want to.
Let me know if your interested as i would like to keep numbers under 20.

Hi Trev,

I'd like to come along if you still have places? I'll probably have a mate in tow who's not a member of this site if that's ok?

Steve

Back