kelmarsh '16

norma 308

anyone going this year not been for yrs not had good reports in the past but its only 5 miles away :rolleyes:
Norma

Here's something I posted earlier on another thread:

Better to travel than to arrive.

Going you're full of anticipation, long strides, a light step, a quick pace. But coming back...empty...the journey is long.

Like being an Aston Villa supporter on matchdays?

Reminds of the time I went to Kelmarsh Game Fair two years ago...and Pat Walker Guns thirty years ago. Two Fool's Errands both!

Someone's input from 2012:

Went to kelmarsh hall today, what a waste of time and money. it really seems to be the demise of the country fairs. clothing stalls!!! thats it, cheap country clothing.
its more like a carboot sale on a grand scale, i think the nail has finally been driven in to the coffin of the so called game fairs!!
if only they would reduce their costs to a more acceptable level, traders would come back. when i say traders, i mean rfd,s and equiment manufactures, companies that work the countryside. not row after row of crappy clothing stalls.
rant over, thank you.

Last edited:
Normal same as, what to expect OK!! Bring on the Gamekeepers Fair at Catton. Good to see one of our locals got a job with BASC. Wf1

really enjoyed it primarily as I didn't go to buy anything so I wasn't disappointed with the lack of trade stands .good weather and good company .it got pretty busy by lunch time when we left glad I went sun as its blowing its guts out today
N

Last edited:
Back