Thread: Longbow mounts on a sako

Longbow mounts on a sako

Just wondering if anyone has a longbow mounted on a sako 85. I tried to fit it and it won't fit with the opti lock mounts. What is anyone else using. Don't think I can fit normal mounts with a tapered rail. Help. Cheers

You on about the longbow day/night scope ? say that should fit just like any normal scope...i use the US equivalent D830 and used that on my tikka in optilock mounts.

You need a set of extra reach mounts. Caught me out too.

Extended is the terminology that they use.

Cheers. Looks like I'm going need a picatinny rail then mounts on that. 156 quoted just for the rail ! Why do I need the extended mounts. ?

I needed extended mounts on mine as well, it helped with eye relief, but i dident have a rail fitted.

picatinny rail for 85 then it will go straight on

Is it hitting the barrel? You shouldn't need extended mounts as the eye relief is like a normal scope. Usual problem is because the objective is very large and it can hit the barrel. I use a picatinny rail with mounts on my blaser. Don't have a sako so don't know what I'm talking about.
    I did find my 1 piece mounts won't work because the scope is so short so had to splash out on a 2 piece set.
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .