2 dead red deer in Newton Aycliffe game dealers today

Status
Not open for further replies.

dodgyrog

I recently posted about seeing 7 Reds near Hamsterley in the photos section. Today I was phoned by a friend to say that a game dealer had 2 red deer carcases hanging, purportedly taken in by a Forestry Commission stalker in Hamsterley(can't prove it though).
Out of season reds - what's the penalty for the game dealer and what's the penalty for the (so-called) stalker?
I'm realy gutted that this has happened. Reds are so unusual around here except in deer parks that no justification whatsoever can exist.
I'm just sickened by it.

Last edited:
I recently posted about seeing 7 Reds near Hamsterley in the photos section. Today I was phoned by a friend to say that a game dealer had 2 red deer carcases hanging, purportedly taken in by a Forestry Commission stalker in Hamsterley(can't prove it though).
Out of season reds - what's the penalty for the game dealer and what's the penalty for the (so-called) stalker?
I'm realy gutted that this has happened. Reds are so unusual around here except in deer parks that no justification whatsoever can exist.
I'm just sickened by it.
has your friend seen them himself,and would he know what a red looks like?

My friend was informed by his friend who was dropping off pigeons and saw the carcasses without heads and feet. He questioned the dealer about them and was advised about the Forestry Commission.
I believe it to be true.

You could always ask to give him a hand with his problem no penalty if the landowner wants them gone.

I'm just sickened by it.

they may have been eating the trees within a enclosed area...:stir:

Whats it really got to do with you NOTHING .

What is it someone sees two reds hanging up and straight away it a crime ,NO its NOT, its about time some of you people learn what the law is and what it states ,about taking deer out of season before you hang someone by the NUTS.
The members on my syndicate have just went back down to England and Wales respectively with 2 Red stags, no crime involved its a block forestry license for shooting out of season .

Which is held by all forestry companies yes ,all .

Wake up and smell the coffee this isn't something new its been happening for years .

hi rog i was told by a friend that an ambulance had to go to a rta in weardale car had ran into a red stag that was a couple of months ago
atb tom

hi rog i was told by a friend that an ambulance had to go to a rta in weardale car had ran into a red stag that was a couple of months ago
atb tom

right thats it then free for all lets go...

ps.. its allowed they are causing harm... oh and they ate the trees before they crossed

no doubt glenshee is a distant memory.. ahh the good old days ehhh

Last edited:
Dogyrog, the game dealer you are keen to discredit happens to be a very good friend of mine and i can guarente thay he/they run a legitimate buisness.

I would like to suggest instead of playing CHINESE WHISPERS with friends of friends,you PM me and i will give you his personal number and you can speak to the proprietor yourself

NELL

dogyrog, the game dealer you are keen to discredit happens to be a very good friend of mine and i can guarente thay he/they run a legitimate buisness.

I would like to suggest instead of playing chinese whispers with friends of friends,you pm me and i will give you his personal number and you can speak to the proprietor yourself

nell

ouch!!!!!!

My friend was informed by his friend who was dropping off pigeons and saw the carcasses without heads and feet. He questioned the dealer about them and was advised about the Forestry Commission.
I believe it to be true.

I have no wish to comment on the red deer as it is none of my business but, if pigeons had a close season surely they would be out of season now? Irrelevant I know as they don't have a close season but its food for thought. JC

this place is full of deer, rabbit, pigeon,in fact every sort of game!!! the next thing well hear is he shoots/stalks himself and has a RFD!! Ive got it, its "all`s newsagent"!! PS,a friend said.and hes not Chinese!!!:rofl:

Very good point JC275 the unwritten rules of the shooter/hunter not to shoot/hunt during the breeding seasons .

I used to stay in the Braemar area each year and take photos of the Red Deer there.
The Braemar and Mar Lodge Reds were of a high quality and generally vastly superior in quality to our Lakeland hill stags.
After the `cull` I stopped staying there and went to the Cairngorms instead as the Deer of Mar Lodge had been wiped out.
I went over there from Aviemore for the 2008 rut and did not see a Red or hear a roar.
People go to Scotland to see the Golden Eagle and the Red Deer not the ruddy Caledonian pines.
A wonderful tourist asset had been destroyed. I have a lot of photos of those fine beasties of past years and cherish the memories.
HWH.

Braemar Reds.
HWH.
DSC_0157.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back