What do you do when your girlfriend has a Dillon loader set-up for 9mm??

Muir

You put her to work of course!
Cx4_3QT_L_BOTTOM.jpg

I found one of these Beretta CX4 9x18mm carbines a the trading post the other day. The Lady was working when I test fired it so I shot factory :eek: CCI 124 grain and it was incredibly accurate. 1.5 inches standing, off hand, at 25M. I saved the brass and bought some 124 grain bullets. She just got off a 24 hour shift but as soon as she gets a few hours sleep I'm going to get her to work! ;)~Muir

Looks good. Was it cheap because it's a 9x18? Can you use 9x19 dies for reloading?

The trading post must rub their hands together when they see you coming!

You put her to work of course!
Cx4_3QT_L_BOTTOM.jpg

I found one of these Beretta CX4 9x18mm carbines a the trading post the other day. The Lady was working when I test fired it so I shot factory :eek: CCI 124 grain and it was incredibly accurate. 1.5 inches standing, off hand, at 25M. I saved the brass and bought some 124 grain bullets. She just got off a 24 hour shift but as soon as she gets a few hours sleep I'm going to get her to work! ;)~Muir

you're all heart, you are!!.
(Treat 'em mean, keep 'em keen).

Looks good. Was it cheap because it's a 9x18? Can you use 9x19 dies for reloading?

The trading post must rub their hands together when they see you coming!
They sold it to me for half of MSRP (2nd hand) but I think they still made money. They'd taken it on pawn and when the guy came back to claim it he couldn't pass the Federal background check so he lost it. That's where I came in.~Muir

OOooooh, I love the Beretta CX4 carbines. I wish I had bought one when they were under $500. Once you have one, you can switch it to left hand eject, or change it to .40 S&W or .45 ACP. But 9mm out of a carbine is a perfect house defense machine, especially for a woman. And the CX4 takes the Beretta pistol magazines, some of which are 30 rounds!

I'm jealous , my wife doesn't reload , she just shoots ........ sometimes a lot . Plus my daughters raid my ammo supply on a regular basis . Maybe I should get a girlfriend ..... then again , my wife shoots .... a lot . I'll just stick to reloading .

AB

OOooooh, I love the Beretta CX4 carbines. I wish I had bought one when they were under $500. Once you have one, you can switch it to left hand eject, or change it to .40 S&W or .45 ACP. But 9mm out of a carbine is a perfect house defense machine, especially for a woman. And the CX4 takes the Beretta pistol magazines, some of which are 30 rounds!
The 45 ACP was dropped from production, I hear. Something I learned after buying mine was that they don't all take the same magazine in the 9mm chambering. My gun takes the PX4 "civilian" magazines. Other models take the M92 magazines. I was a little studdered by that one, thinking that my gun took the 92 mags. As it turns out, the parts to convert mine to take M92 magazines cost $40 and it takes about 6 minutes to make the change... about how long it takes to convert it to leftie. I have a 15, a 17, and two 20 round mags so i'm set for a while but I ordered the conversion 'kit' anyhow. I see a LOT of cheap m92 9mm mags including 30 rounders. When I get more than a few I will do the conversion.

I took the gun out tonight with some PMC Bronze 115 grain RN. Best accuracy yet. Despite the heavy trigger it was easy to pile the rounds atop each other off hand at 25 yards and dropped them right to where the top of the front sight lay. The rear aperture needed opening just a bit for better acquisition with my old eyes, but other wise it's very instinctive. I am really happy with it. Glad to see there is someone else who like them.~Muir

PS: Current MSRP is $900.:eek:

So yours takes the 9mm magazines for the PX4 Storm handgun?
I don't know if those are the same as for its predecessor, the all-metal Cougar 8000.

I have a Stoeger 8045, which is the same gun as the Beretta Cougar 8045, actually made on the same machinery, which was moved to Turkey and set up and run by Italians. It is a good pistol, locking breech, high quality magazines ( it came with four ). I have Beretta 8045, too, CHP surplus. The only shortcoming is the trigger; it is double / single action, and the single action is pretty light and no travel, which I think is too dangerous for a police situation, where someone may not be cool enough to avoid an unintended discharge on a suspect. All that can be adjusted out some with a spring change.

I saw a like-new Stoeger Cougar 9mm last week for $325 with four magazines, which would be a good companion to the PX4 Carbine. But if you already have a 92F and can get more 30-round magazines for it, that is great.

I don't currently own a 9mm handgun but for a Springfield Armory XD Sub Compact that is awaiting an FFL so that I can send it off to my daughter. I carry a S&W Model 36, or a Springfield XD Tactical 45 acp, usually. The Beretta is a bit of a step off of dead center for me. I did own a Cougar, briefly but it refused to function without being copiously lubricated so I took it back the Trading Post and bought the XD Sub Compact. I did own an early 92 once, and my ex brother in law (with my blessing) has my favorite: a Model 76 .22 LR I used to hunt armadillos with way back when. Oh wait! I had a Beretta Minx in 22 Short that is my Ex Wife's, and I got my Daughter a Beretta Model 21A. I guess i've had a couple!

The PX4 mags aren't expensive, really. A 20 rounder is $34 from Beretta. In general though, the M92 mags are far more prevalent, with aftermarkets available, and you can get a Beretta 30 rounder for the same price as a PX4 20 rounder. All Beretta mags seem to be well made/ finished. I have the four PX4 mags I mentioned and that should get me through any one of the bloody gunfights that erupt on every American street each night! ;) Seriously though, I believe there is some longevity to the 92 line that the PX doesn't share. That's why i bought the conversion.~Muir

Muir my first .22 was a mod 76 it came complete with 3 magazines and a shoulder holster, fantastically accurate out to 50m, really miss that gun.

Back