Chronograph

rem284

I am thinking of buying a chronograph. I would like to know more about the steinert acoustic chrono and the magneto chrono. I am correct in thinking the magneto sporter can not be used with a moderator on, so I would really need the V3 which is a lot more expensive. If that is so why such a price difference

There is also the lab radar but even more ££.
I have the magnetospeed which is great but I haven't tested whether it makes any difference to group size yet.

When I looked at them, the sport version bracket was not offset enough to allow for the moderator, only good for up to an inch diameter barrel. The V3 went up to 2" diameter so would work with most moderators.

I think the price difference was not so much the physical bracket size more to do with the remote digital readout recording and display unit. The sport was basic last shot readout, the V3 had a more complex computer analysis and recording facility.

Alan

I would get a Chrony -or something similar. Magneto Speeds will not allow you to determine actual ballistic coeffecients and this is one of the best reasons to own a chronograph.~Muir

I would get a Chrony -or something similar. Magneto Speeds will not allow you to determine actual ballistic coeffecients and this is one of the best reasons to own a chronograph.~Muir

It will, with a second conventional chrono downrange - saves ammo too!
Lets face it BC can be worked out from the drops at distance anyhoo...

Last edited:
Back