Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: everything is bigger in Texas!

SD Regular
    On the banks of the Columbia River, Portland OR. USA

Is that a Rattle Snake?
    "He who kills sow with piglets empties the forest of boar" My neighbours dad on new years eve 2011.

SD Regular
    On the banks of the Columbia River, Portland OR. USA
    Yep, it's a rattler. Biggest I have ever seen. The picture was taken in TX. but posted to the Wyoming Radio site. You can see the rattle at the end of its tail if you look close.
    Last edited by A Guy Out West; 02-04-2016 at 02:18.

I was outside ot Tucumcari. New Mexico one year and they burned out an old adobe building that someone has stored hay in. When the snakes came out they killed a six and a half footer with a 12ga scattergun. Ten+ years ago I came across a 5+ foot Mojave Rattler down hear the Mexican border. They say when that one bites you, just sit and pray because you will never make it to your car. On a later hunt MarinePMI of this site darned near stepped on one somewhat larger. Only the spring in his 6'3" frame cleared him of the encounter. The buzz of its rattles sounded like a chain saw. Scary stuff.~Muir

I was on a hunt near Carlsbad in 1994 when my partner killed one with the butt of his shotgun as he did not want to spook the muleys we were after, it was 5 feet long as he was holding it up next to him and he was only 5 foot 3 tall.

Nope nope nope !!!!!
    Right where's those stones , I'll start !

One of the things I like about Ireland!!

Quote Originally Posted by JeffreyL View Post
    One of the things I like about Ireland!!

What ....the rattlers !!

Is that not 1 of them visual ilusions too, like the boy in papers with a 4ft rat?

Looks a big bloody snake right enough.

Aye we dunno how lucky we are over here with so few bitey things.

1 of the farms i worked on in OZ, managers wife came into our cottage to warn us a 6ft Brown going about outside, yet u see her young kids running about bare foot playing in sand pits etc just as i'd done as a bairn, just they know wot to do when they find a snake, unlike us.
    The other farm workers had a habit of putting dead ones in back of my ute under bags etc, the joke never worn off for them. B*****d's

Well I never, that would give you the shivers on encountering it. Mighty big rattler right enough.