Thread: Ukdtr

Had a very informative day out today with UKDTR doing an introduction to Deer Dogs day. I would thoroughly recommend it even if you didn't then take it any further. The few hours alone reminding you about and teaching you about shot sites was worth it alone. Also great to watch the dogs working and the speed the new dogs picked it up was unbelievable. Thanks to the folks who laid it on. Top job

Hi Martin,
    land thank you for your comments
    it was our pleasure and so glad everybody found the shot site info so useful
    looking forward to coming back to do followup track training days there in the future.

Deer track and recovery
    Free of charge and confidential service

Sounds like an interesting day out. I don't have a dog but would like to go to one to see what happens.
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .

I went along my self to the day as preperation for getting a pup in a couple of weeks with the intention to train it to track as it gets older.

The day was very good preperation for this with a great deal of information on shot sites and how to read them yourself in preperation for what you may encounter when you gett to the end of the trail.
    it was also very well timed for my situation with demonstrations of the ways to lay a trail to start young and in experienced dogs off. Being able to see the older working dogs and the process they go through when preparing to track and actually tracking was very interesting.

All in all it was definately a worthwhile day to attend and would recomend it. A big thank you to all who were involved with putting the day on.