Thread: Hi, New here, long time lurker!

Hi, New here, long time lurker!

Been shooting 18 months, have a Shotgun and FAC Co-terminus Licence. I have a few shot guns and two .22's, a semi and a bolt action, both CZ models, nothing fancy. Last year I applied for a .243 which I got and I'm just looking to buy one now, possibly from a member on here!

I have a few permissions that I get down to in Surrey and Kent and am hoping to acquire some more soon.

Welcome to the site,

A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

So, finally after one year of having a slot for a .243 on my licence and being unable to find one, I had a slot for a .204 put on there. During my hunt for a .204 I finally found a .243!

So here it is, my Tikka T3 Varmint Stainless 24"... Needs a decent scope and will be getting a new stock and sleeve over mod in the not too distant future. When I collected it, it had been a bit neglected in the cleaning department and had surface corrosion on the barrel but it cleaned off nicely. Very low shot count according to the dealer, I'm a very happy boy.

Pictured next to one of my .22RF and looking like it matches, until the changes that is.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_4692.jpg   IMG_4679.jpg  

Welcome to the forum, if you are looking for a new stock check out Boyds I got a thumbhole stock from them for $99 + postage , all in came to around 130 and it fits perfectly

Thanks for the tip Ray, although I think I know someone that has one in Forest Green for sale.

What colour have you got? Do you have any pictures?