Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Understanding Wives

Understanding Wives

I know that I'm not alone in being blessed with a Memsahib who tolerates the dead things in the man fridge fridge, piles of soggy shooting gear or bluebottles coming from the latest stags head/pint of maggots experient.

We have a shared calendar thing on our phones which is supposedly aimed at stopping me double booking trips away etc.. A couple of days ago, the boss wandered through into the lounge and asked me if she needed to buy a new outfit, or indeed if she was expected to be involved at all in the 'Czech Nymphing Session' that had just popped up on her diary.

You've got to love them eh??

I can only imagine her costume!
    Is there a time and place for spontaneity?

Czech nymphing or czech nympho?? one sounds better than the other!

Pictures of her in her new outfit please !
    In interests of bolstering her self confidence ..... Honest !

Quote Originally Posted by srvet View Post
    Czech nymphing or czech nympho?? one sounds better than the other!

What! With her indoors along?
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

I suppose they'd both keep your rod busy
    I can resist everything, except temptation.

Quote Originally Posted by JockStalk View Post
    I suppose they'd both keep your rod busy
    That reminded me of this promotional teeshirt that was available in the Shakespeare catalogue in the early nineties.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	$_1.JPG 
Views:	237 
Size:	18.9 KB 
ID:	68685

Thats a great t shirt PM!

Joking aside, it always goes to show you're never too old to learn something new. I had a couple of hours of instruction/demonstration on how to set up a Czech Nymphing rig and how & where to fish it. I've read about it in the past and tried to emulate what my understanding (incorrectly) of it was with no success, but with an hour or two with someone with the right knowledge had me catching fish in spots where i would never have thought to drop a traditionally fished fly into. If you enjoy river fishing and fancy a try at something different, its well worth trying it. Ten casts under instruction had me onto the best fish I've had out of this river from a fish that was hooked literally a couple of yards from my feet - great fun.

SD Regular
    East Midlands M1/M69 Junction 21
    It could be worse...she could have seen a date for a some early morning "dogging"....
    Last edited by enfieldspares; 10-05-2016 at 13:22.

A girlfriend of mine from some time back got quite excited when she spotted "Mastering the nymph" in my book case and then somewhat disappointed when I explained Gordon Fraser was a master swordsman with a carbon wand rather than any other form of rod and it was about fishing........ Good to hear technology can still have some benefits though.