Lee quick rrim anyone used one

Matt234

Hi
Considering a lee quick trim for case prep anyone using or used one! Are they any good going to be used for 260rem 17fb @ 243 been reading a few reviews some say they are good others say not the best but do the job.

Thanks Matt

I use one on several calibers, they are not the best trimmer but they do the job well and while the case
is still in the trimmer you can debur and chamfer the case , and as I do I also run wire wool on it to clean the case and neck so for me it serves multiple uses and speeds those jobs up

Used one for a few years and they do work. Tend to run a deburring tool over them after use as I don't like the feel of the edge but have loaded plenty without doing this without any issues. Certainly makes a batch a lot quicker.

BE

As above, not the best in the world and quite hard work as you use a fair amount of pressure to get consistent cutting.

The standard Lee case length gauge cutters in a ball grip along with an electric drill, lock stud and the shell holder attachment are very accurate and fast, run the chamfer - de-burr tool over the case after cutting and job done.

LEE CASE TRIMMER CUTTER with BALL GRIP

The case conditioning kit has everything you need apart from the individual Case Length Gauge and Shellholder

Case Length Gauges

LEE CASE CONDITIONING KIT

I use one on several calibers, they are not the best trimmer but they do the job well and while the case
is still in the trimmer you can debur and chamfer the case , and as I do I also run wire wool on it to clean the case and neck so for me it serves multiple uses and speeds those jobs up
I think you're mistaking the Quick Trim for the Zip Trim? ~Muir

I really like my quick trim, I'm going to put the drill adaptor on it as well though so I can run a cordless drill on it :)

Quick trim's ok but mine has a tendency to jam up a bit (gets a bit rough to turn) unless the trimmer shaft is lifted out and cleaned off with every case trimmed and sometimes part way through trimming a case. At least that's what I've found. It isn't really that quick. Once pennies permit, an RCBS or Lyman trimmer will take over from my Lee Quick Trim. I prefer using the standard case length gauge plus cutter. The quick trim does seem to leave a fairly even trim though. I don't think that the delux version is worth it over the standard one. I prefer using the RCBS chamfer and de-burring tool anyway.

I really like my quick trim, I'm going to put the drill adaptor on it as well though so I can run a cordless drill on it :)

I have done with mine and it does a great job. I have the Deluxe cutter that chamfers in and out at the same time. I find it does chamfering better if I take the ball bearing out of the cutter for all my calibres though. I use an electric screwdriver and it is quick and easy to zip through 50+ cases before the cutter blades need a wipe.

I use one for several calibres and find they work ok, although they do need cleaning out regularly (inside the quicktrim die) and you need to make sure there is no swarf under the case when you seat it to keep the trim lengths consistent.

Mark

I have done with mine and it does a great job. I have the Deluxe cutter that chamfers in and out at the same time. I find it does chamfering better if I take the ball bearing out of the cutter for all my calibres though. I use an electric screwdriver and it is quick and easy to zip through 50+ cases before the cutter blades need a wipe.

Sounds good Matt cheers :)

I use one for several calibres and find they work ok, although they do need cleaning out regularly (inside the quicktrim die) and you need to make sure there is no swarf under the case when you seat it to keep the trim lengths consistent.

Mark

^+1

Back