best roe sack?

sir-lamp-alot

just wondered what people were finding to be the best roe sack avalible and i was wondering if anyone knew of one which keeps the load higher up more towards you shoulders when in use i love the look of the american carrying frames but have all but given up on trying to find somthing like it in the uk so im now looking at a more tradtional sack, would also be interested in anyones experience with the harkilla blaiken packs

Shadow on the site makes a very!! good sack. It does stay pretty high once fitted and beast is in.
(It has an additional strap across your chest)
M

My mentor sold me a Monarch roe sack that I've been very pleased with. The load doesn't sit completely high up, but I have a long back and the waist and chest straps secure very well. You'd be welcome to pop round and have a look and even borrow for a few weeks to try out if desired.

I have a Harkila one and it is rubbish! Shoulder strap ripped out on its first use with a smallish fallow doe in it. Padded back unstitched and fell off! Plastic clips have snapped. I love Harkila stuff generally, but NOT the Roe sack!
MS

Phil Ogdens stuff is quality, sold thru monarch I think,

excellent quality and english made made by phil himself,

atb

kjf

I have the Fenja sack & it will do as you ask & is very good & comfortable for carrying a deer for a reasonable distance. The downside is that it's possibly the noisiest pack around if it touches a branch, is very big even when folded in on itself & when folded it forms very hard edges which will undoubtedly scratch your rifle. It also has quite thick padded straps which which upsets the rifle fit if you try to shoot whilst wearing it. I won't be getting rid of my Fenja roe-sack but I keep it for non-woodland roe stalking with a big walk involved, partly as when folded in it can carry a rifle very well. It's also great for our more adventurous family picnics.

My preference is to use a very small bum-bag & tuck a folded Yool sack into the belt; this has the important advantage of keeping my shoulders free & not increasing my width (which can be very annoying when trying to move quietly in woodland).

IMG_1227.jpg

Last edited:
I have had the Fenja for around 3 years now and can't fault it, I use it with black bin liners instead of the canvas liner, doing this trims down on the bulk a good touch. Also I have the Z-Aim Pro Stalker Sling which carries the rifle very well with the roe sack. Had 2 Doe's in it and no issues at all.

I to brought one from shadow and its very hard wearing indeed I can put three muntjac in there or a small fallow with ease, highly rate it it will last a long time

Back