Fresh cast antler.

John Gryphon

Dog and I went walking up the paddock alongside one of the home creeks in the pre dawn light this morn.
We had a date with those two stags up on the bush edge/wallow.
He, as usual went looking around in the dark and then appeared next to me with what I thought was a filthy rotten bit of leg bone in the poor light.
He trotted along with me with it in his gob and then I had another look and Fk me its a castie... holy **** its red hot with the blood still on it,how good is that!. It is still wet from the dewey grass.
Not a hair was seen except the bristle on the cast end!

As good as it gets for fresh!
I am chuffed as too.

castie%20blood_zpsdwaeekwj.jpg

Dog and I went walking up the paddock alongside one of the home creeks in the pre dawn light this morn.
We had a date with those two stags up on the bush edge/wallow.
He, as usual went looking around in the dark and then appeared next to me with what I thought was a filthy rotten bit of leg bone in the poor light.
He trotted along with me with it in his gob and then I had another look and Fk me its a castie... holy **** its red hot with the blood still on it,how good is that!. It is still wet from the dewey grass.
Not a hair was seen except the bristle on the cast end!

As good as it gets for fresh!
I am chuffed as too.

castie%20blood_zpsdwaeekwj.jpg

Quite a find - can only just have been cast and maybe lost as Mr Stag left in a hurry!

Full marks to the dog too!

Good find dog.
A mate rolled a stag a couple of weeks ago and as it hit the ground the antlers were cast.
I've heard of this before and seen pictures of an antlerless stag lying within a metre of his cast antlers after being shot.
Can anyone tell me the process for this to happen? I don't believe in coincidences.
Sharkey, you must have a clue.
Grant.

Good find dog.
A mate rolled a stag a couple of weeks ago and as it hit the ground the antlers were cast.

Can anyone tell me the process for this to happen? I don't believe in coincidences.

Grant.

Yep! The stag was ready to cast at that time and the antlers took the moment of the fall to drop off.
They were coming off no matter whether shot with a .22 or a 300.

Back