Is this our own pine marten

Interesting article, I wonder if they arrived the same mysterious top-secret way, like they have done in the tweed valley.

M

They are as bad as mink here in Ireland. Nothing left in the forests with them. And our great country leaders have protected them.

Interesting article, I wonder if they arrived the same mysterious top-secret way, like they have done in the tweed valley.

M
Most probably, I wonder if one of our forum members can enlighten us, not sure if the old nature quest centre had some there, I supplied them with a lot of squirrels and rabbits, at one time.

Reported a dead pine marten to the society on the hard shoulder just before the Severn bridge, Welsh side 2 years ago. Of course I had many questions asked to try to ascertain if it was definitely a pine marten. It was 100%, had a good look at it along with my wife while we trundled along the inside lane at 60 mph. Would have gone back over the bridge to pick it up if I didn't have to pay the extortionate toll and had to be somewhere soon. Traveled the same route the next day and thought I'd pick it up if still there but no surprise, it was gone, think someone had the same idea. It was in good nick when I saw it and obviously a full grown animal, probably a dog. May have escaped from somewhere but when I reported it was told that there has been sightings in Mid Wales but never so far south.

Most probably, I wonder if one of our forum members can enlighten us, not sure if the old nature quest centre had some there, I supplied them with a lot of squirrels and rabbits, at one time.

That will be me then ey Taff !

I can enlighten you as far as they are not escapees from my place. However I am not the only keeper of captive pine marten in the area.

To be fair, there have been pine marten in the New Forest for at least a decade, a member of the public brought one into us in 2005 that had been killed by a car.

Back