Was down at my folks last week and took the dogs for a favourite walk in near by woods along the ridgeway path. There was a notice posted on a tree advising that the posters dogs were seriously ill after eating poisoned bait in the woods.
Its sickening. We lost our last dog to the same poisoning ten years ago, and at the same time several others also lost dogs according to our local vet.
There are a lot of red kites about and you have to ask yourself why somebody is stupid enough to put out poison baits - it's illegal, cruel and does to engender fieldsports and country folk to the wider masses.