New rifle arrived.

Muir

The local chapter of Ducks Unlimited was offered a variety of goods at jobber cost so that they could sell them to the members under MSRP and still make a profit for the organization. One of Ruger's major distributors was one of these participating in the program. I took advantage of the deal and bought this Predator model in 6.5 Creedmoor. The usual criticisms apply: The stock seems flimsy and the finish is unrefined, but the trigger is surprisingly good and these American series rifles have the reputation for being exceedingly accurate, shooting far above their price tag. I already have the 300 AAC Blackout but a friend has the Predator in .223, 260 Remington (a rare and uncatalogued item) and 6.5 Creedmoor. The 260 is virginal, but the .223 and 6.5 Creedmoor are tack drivers. Even fire forming loads using reformed PPU 22-250 in the 6.5 CM shot bug holes. When I get some dies i will be going the same route for brass and I'm hoping for the same kind of success. I will use his 'running in' process: One pass with a bore snake. Fire 40 rounds. Put it up dirty. :D~Muir
6973.jpg

A little bit. Mostly having been around a few super accurate rifles chambered for the 6.5 CM over the last year. (Including one of these Predators) That and the $340 price tag. ;) ~Muir

A little bit. Mostly having been around a few super accurate rifles chambered for the 6.5 CM over the last year. (Including one of these Predators) That and the $340 price tag. ;) ~Muir
$340? You certainly know how to create jealousy

$340? You certainly know how to create jealousy
That was a special price on a fund raising effort: they are normally $449.
Do the American series of rifles get imported to the UK? I can't imagine a lot of UK shooters speaking very highly of them as they are certainly "agricultural" in appearance and finish. What they do well is shoot, and keep shooting accurately during even a prolonged shooting session. If you look at some of my earlier posts on this site I made no bones about trashing Ruger centerfire rifles. I have said many times that I would never own another as I'd had nothing but sour luck with them and have rebarreled many in the M77 series. This American series is a different animal, however, and has made me back off that 'never' statement. The bedding system is far superior to the 77 and I don't know who is making Ruger's barrels but they are good. I have not even fired that Creedmoor yet but I am 99.9% certain it will shoot well.

And there's a problem. The perfect storm hit yesterday: A guy who owed me money found me and the Trading Post got in the Ruger Amerian Ranch rifle in 5.56/223 I've been waiting on.
6965.jpg

Now this one I'd be shooting right now but the Fed's computer system was down all day yesterday and no background checks could be performed so i had to leave it in the store. It's got a threaded 16.25" barrel and a 1-8" twist. It is the mirror image of my 300 AAC and will be a handy coyote rifle. ~Muir

Last edited:
I've been looking at these for a while , for the money , they seem to be a great little rig . I have to finish a deal on a rolling block first , and then I think I'll try one out . I'll be watching for some accuracy testing from you .

AB

PS I ordered the bullets he he

Back