M695 Plastic

Dan Newcombe

Looking for an opinion

Thinking about getting rid of my Sauer 202, lovely rifle but there is just something that i cant put my finger on!

Anyway, i have seen a Tikka M695 in 6.5x55 with a plastic stock.

I have a .22-250 M595 in wood and really like it and i erroneously bought a 690 in wood that was great (apart from the shagged barrel) so i like the rifles in general

What is the plastic stock like with regard to stiffness? etc

Dan

(fairly upset that the Tikka in the classifieds is a left hander!)

I have a 595 in .222 with a plastic stock. The stock fits me well and I haven't had any real problems with it but I think it could be improved upon. I have trimmed the barrel chanel back slightly where it has distorted ever so slightly and touched the barrel but that was more a precautionary move rather than out of necessity.
Overall it's my favourite rifle, not at all flash but reliable and very accurate.

I don't suppose you fancy a 695 deluxe in 7x64? York guns have a beauty! Northallerton Gunshop has a Sako 75 deluxe in 6.5x55 too.

Atb, ft

PS, I did my shooting test with a .308 595 synthetic, it was bendy/ish when used off a badly aligned bi-pod, but nothing a better technique would not sort out. I like them!

Hi I have a 695 in 270 and the stock fits realy well in the hand/shoulder its better than others i have looked at
amberdog
/

Cant see the Sako on the Northallerton website, do you know how much it is going for?

Looking for something a bit more standard than a 7x64 and also have a 30-06 slot waiting to be filled! (maybe a Ruger M77 Hawkeye that i have seen!)

Dan

Back