For the scudd: new moderator

Hunting Solutions

Hi mate,

Took a pic next to a box of .22 ammo, and the weight is 450 grams. Length would be aound 230mm and diameter 35mm. Pic quality not the best, taken with phone.

This one is for .243, but we've done them in .223, .260, and .308 so far...will try to test on .270 sometime next week.

No decibel test done, but compared it with most on the market and it ****es all over anything else I've tried. :)DM80 MK3.JPG

Last edited:
I've got one....actually sitting around collecting dust & doing nothing as it's for a 223 bull barrel which i no longer have. I stripped mine down and took measurements in order to create CAD drawings. Did it as an exercise for a short CAD course i was teaching but also as the design lends itself well to modification.
I had thought of converting to another calibre, but too much aggro in the end.

IMG00235-20100518-1434.jpg

Last edited:
this looks the dogs boolicks!!! a mod thats not a barrel weight!!! and strip able too for cleaning!!!! very interested in this one,more details please!!!!:thumb:

Oh, the PES is alot heavier.

DM is a really good design - lighter than similar others, quiet, strippable and you can replace individual parts of they were to fail. Only downside i can think of is the waiting time for one....i think it's about 3 minths from order, but David will be able to confirm if you contact him direct:
http://www.decoying.co.uk/?page=show-category&cat=47

Oh, the PES is alot heavier.

DM is a really good design - lighter than similar others, quiet, strippable and you can replace individual parts of they were to fail. Only downside i can think of is the waiting time for one....i think it's about 3 minths from order, but David will be able to confirm if you contact him direct:
http://www.decoying.co.uk/?page=show-category&cat=47
thanks scotsgun for the link i shall inquire looks good to me!!

Guys looks like a good design... But there seems a lot of talk about weight being so vital, I have the new A-Tec CMM 4 it weighs 220 Grams and in my opinion and also others that have witnessed mine in action believe that it is as quiet as anything they have used... Worth a look me thinks for you guys who want reduced Moderator weight... They are normally about £260... Here is the link think Jackson Rifles are their UK distributor...

http://www.a-tec.no/

ATB

Alex

money-vs-weight for me!! a right balance is what ime after(in price as well as mod!!).i like cheap as chips!! A-tec £260, dm+20 rounds .243 super x for same price!!:lol:

whats £20 when your kits between £1000 and £4000
my kits £400!!! scope must be worth £20 of that!!! see yorkshireroestalking video on youtube and pics on this site!!!! does the job!! at £4000 your top price for kit that leaves me £3600 to spend on stalking!!!!! happy days!!

lol...Steyr, i like your style! That's how copper wire was first discovered - 2 yorkshiremen fighting over a penny ;)

Seriously, all i was saying is that the DM is both light and very good. £20 is still £20 of my money that i had to work for and fight thieving brown for.

lol...Steyr, i like your style! That's how copper wire was first discovered - 2 Yorkshire fighting over a penny ;)

Seriously, all i was saying is that the DM is both light and very good. £20 is still £20 of my money that i had to work for and fight thieving brown for.
i have the answer!!! one made out of copper and made in Yorkshire!!!!!! or would it be tooo long!!!!!:rofl:

I'll answer this one John,

It's made of aluminium with one piece innards... I've taken some pictures of mine stripped down.
View attachment 1334
View attachment 1335

Si, I have just used the linky to the DM8 advert;

"The sound moderator is easily stripped by hand (NO tools required) in just a few seconds for easy cleaning and is fully none corrosive built from blackened stainless steel finished in matte black with knurled centre portion."

So not ally then?

ft

No it's definately aluminium flytie.

Dimensions are:
length 300mm
Diameter 48mm
And I just put it on the kitchen scales and it weighs 666grams.

Back