Abusive emails.

Status
Not open for further replies.
just seen this,

not good fella, I hope you stay mate, you are one of many good fellows on here.

i wish you well.

bob

Last edited:
Following my recent thread about stalking that was available I have received some abusive emails.
I have therefore decided that I will not offer anymore stalking and am withdrawing my offer.
Furthermore when this thread ends, I will be turning off SD.
I have had enough of the backstabbing, lying and appalling behaviour that seems to follow a sport that I have been involved with professionally for over 20 years.
Good luck
We have just gone though the same looking for 5 members to join our syndicate good luck

Just to add my tuppence worth and to echo the sentiments from the lads who have posted thus far to your thread do not leave and remember life throws up many challenges so just turn a stumbling block into a stepping stone and keep on walking mate good luck.....:)

Damian.

not that i contribute that much ,no where near what you have contributed mate ,have a second thought about the young guns/older guns like me for that matter that you will help along by imparting some wisdom/knowledge,help etc, give it a few days and they will have moved onto something else too play with,:tiphat:

The guilty party has set up a false account and sent a private mail. As such the mods cannot access it.
They don't even have the balls to tell me who they are, just that they know me.
Given I have taken only a handful of people here, it is only a matter of time before I find out who they are.
Can`t it be accessed through the IP address?

I don't know you from Adam, but I know that when I see you posting, it'll be worth reading and I'm sure you know from others on here that you'd be a loss. I would suggest that this site would be a loss to you as well, were you to leave.

My view is that the person that is doing this is obviously doing it to "get at" you, no doubt for some sleight, real or imagined. By changing what you do and showing that this idiot is worrying you, you are, in effect, showing him that he is being successful. I would take the moderator's advice and allow them to discover who it is and give them the chop. It is only what he deserves. I see you are willing to converse with the moron in order to ascertain his identity so as to avoid him. Frankly I wouldn't bother. He's got it in for you and would only be looking for more agro. Erase and move on.

It seems that others have had a similar experience when advertising sindicate places.
Disscruntled applicants because they were not selected ??
Question begs to be asked : lucky escape for you ? As would you want these people representing you on your ground ???
Could they be trusted to conduct themselves appropriately ?

I hate to read threads like this, as my experiences on this site have been very positive. There are some very well informed, educated people here, and I often find myself using the search function when it comes to all sorts of things, some of which are completely unrelated to shooting. I have been honoured to meet some some lovely people via this site, and have done some good deals. I don't post much, mainly because I have very little to offer. I get very irate when I hear about incidents like this, I can't imagine a circumstance where it's acceptable to send emails or pms in this fashion. It's incidents like this which drive good people away, which is sad. Please reconsider, I've enjoyed your input greatly, and you will be missed.

best regards

I only know you through your posts and they are always worth reading. You are a valuable resource on this site so help the administrators to exclude 'them' not you.
Naturally, I hope you will remain a part of the better part of the forum.
Regards,

Don't mess about Glynn. Get the details to admin or the other member that offered his professional service and get the person banned.

Teyhan, what worries me is that individuals who believe that this constitutes acceptable social behaviour probably have FACs. They clearly possess dubious 'thinking skills'.

It's not uncommon to receive virulently abusive PMs on here if you upset one of the sub-groups of crazies. In my case, it's been political - try posting left-wing comments and see what you get...

I tend to regard it much the same as drunk men on busses shouting at you because you're not wearing the right football shirt.

Having said that, this particular case is an odd one, and I can see why feelings might have run high. Personally, I found the ethics a little uncomfortable. I have two landowners who I get (very good) free stalking from - and both would be absolutely furious if I sold it on, regarding that as a very severe breach of trust. It strikes me that the less contentious option might have been to approach the landowners first and get their input on what they would like to happen - it is, after all, their land and their stalking. You were, in effect, attempting to sell something that belonged to them and had only been lent to you.

I would like to make it clear to everybody that I was not selling the stalking rights.
Each and everyone of my permissions is signed up. It has to be by law.
Some may take a little venison from time to time.
What I was offering was to put someone in place on those permissions. If the landowners had said no then I and the new person would simply have walked away.
The new person would have had full support from me. Which would have gone beyond getting them on there and I would have visited if necessary.
This weekend I shot a muntjac buck, and a 6pt roe. I could have shot 2x more roe bucks and more muntjac and this in just 5x outings.
I do not know if thinking what I have and what I offer has value. Perhaps I have it wrong.
Call it a finders fee, call it what you like but I was putting my time and effort in to finding what I considered the right person for the job as there as some extremely sensitive areas.

I can only echo what others have said on this thread - Please dont leave and allow one of the decent ones (your good self) to disappear whilst the wing-nut who thinks its acceptable to send you abuse whilst hiding behind their PC gets to stay!

Theres been one idiot sneakily sending nonsense from a false account but what is nice to see is the public outpouring of support from the rest of the forum who are glad to have you here, who are appreciative of the offers that you have kindly put out there and want you to stay. :)

I hope whoever it was that did this gets found out, no excuse for it at all! Atrocious behaviour!

What really upsets me is that this person knows me.
It has caused me to look in to many of the people I know and even my closest friends.
You say to yourself "no, he wouldn't do that" but you find yourself looking at profiles and checking log in times to try to match up when the email came in.

Anyway it matters not and it has been passed to the moderators having given sufficient time. I said I'd leave it if they made themselves known and anybody who knows me knows I keep my word. As such I have just added a new quarry to my list of species.

If it is someone you know, presumably because they have your Email address, that has whittled it down considerably.

.....this particular case is an odd one, and I can see why feelings might have run high. Personally, I found the ethics a little uncomfortable. I have two landowners who I get (very good) free stalking from - and both would be absolutely furious if I sold it on, regarding that as a very severe breach of trust. It strikes me that the less contentious option might have been to approach the landowners first and get their input on what they would like to happen - it is, after all, their land and their stalking. You were, in effect, attempting to sell something that belonged to them and had only been lent to you.
+1

I totally understand that.
I'd like to pose a question for both of you.

You move away from your home area where you have stalking. For 14 years you visit the area cull as many as you can in the time you have. The situation then changes and you move again even further away.
Having been out of the area for so long you don't know anybody locally and you would like to do the best you can for the landowners you have.
What would you do?
Some people have said sub-let? Well that's still leasing the ground
Do I just let it go? That leaves the landowners in no better situation
Do I find someone, hope they're right and keep a hand in it? Not really sure how you keep a hand in it so far away

This is a genuine question.

Your original offer did not make it sound like you were doing it with the landowners' benefit in mind. I'm saying no more on the subject.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back