New dm80 compact mod

biglad

Been out trying my new dm80 compact mod its smaller than t8 quieter lighter and getting real good groups with it. I am very happy with it
DSC00097.jpg
DSC00098.jpg
DSC00100.jpg

Last edited:
BL, I read the linky earlier about the DM8 mk3, interesting I thought! As it is a reflex does it have a bush on the barrel? Or is it like the Northstar and do without a bush?

ft

Hi lads it weighs in at just over 400grams and it dose have a removable bush im impressed with it.....Neil

Philip - To my knowledge the A-TEC is a Muzzle can, ie. they hang of the end.

So they add about 6" (?)

May be wrong, often am.

Sam

Been out trying my new dm80 compact mod its smaller than t8 quieter lighter and getting real good groups with it. I am very happy with it
DSC00097.jpg
DSC00098.jpg
DSC00100.jpg
its looks quite nice what caliber have you got it on,whast the dia.length and length over muzzle
sorry for the questions but iam just about to buy a third eye tactical mod

Philip - To my knowledge the A-TEC is a Muzzle can, ie. they hang of the end.

So they add about 6" (?)

May be wrong, often am.

Sam

Sam, you are correct. 6.25"

I had a T8 on my 30-06. The A-TEC is the replacement. I would not go back. The relative lack of weight is a revelation. Comfortable to walk with and the rifle does not want to twist around to point at the ground all the time.

I was also looking at the a-tec, the only thing that goes against it is that it could blow out baffles depending on the amount of shots going through it. The DM is looking like an excellent compromise to weight from the T8 as well as being stainless steel and strippable.

I still have about 6 weeks to make up my mind!

Jingles,

Go with the PES T12 Scout. You will not regret it - overbarrel, stainless, not that heavy and most importantly QUIET.

Sam

Hi long shot. The overall length 9 1/4 inch . diametar just over 1 1/4 inch length over muzzle 4 1/2 inch its on my 260 rem ..... cheers Neil

Jingles,
Go with the PES T12 Scout. You will not regret it - overbarrel, stainless, not that heavy and most importantly QUIET.
Sam

Sam PES12 Scout quiet, light……….:eek::rofl:

Using the independent testing you kindly posted on here the other week.

PES12 Scout:- sound reduction 25db, weight 650gm

Old style A-Tec:- sound reduction 30.4db, weight 540gm

My A-Tec CCM 385gm

ATB

Tahr

My A-Tec CCM 385gm

ATB

Tahr

TAHR,

what is your impression of the baffles? Being made of an aircraft alloy I have some slight concerns, yet, it has everything else going for it. I like to use my rifle down the range now and again but maybe only a string of 8 shots over 3 or 4 minutes.

Interested to hear

Cheers,

J

Hi Jingzy

I have the steel one not the alloy one, so no problems at all with fire cutting, it is a bit heavier though, no free lunches I guess, steel one £195 alloy one £265.

ATB

Tahr

Hi Jingzy

I have the steel one not the alloy one, so no problems at all with fire cutting, it is a bit heavier though, no free lunches I guess, steel one £195 alloy one £265.

ATB

Tahr

Thar -

I hope to meet you and other SD members in D&G very soon. I hear word of a social evening being planned.

I have the alloy version and did consider the fire cutting issue. However, even in a hot calibre, one would clearly have to shoot a considerable number of rounds rounds before it affected performance - at which point one can buy a replacement module at, I believe, around £20. I find the astonishing lack of weight, and lack of torque on the rifle sling, a blissful relief, and am well content to face the occasional baffle module change once in a while.

Hi Kevin

A meet up in D&G would be great; I would look forward to meeting some of our newer members.

A little history.
When the original A-Tec moderators were imported into the UK some individuals made a great deal of fuss on the internet forums about the baffles fire cutting, the original moderator had a primary stainless steel baffle but even so they give the importer a very hard time about the secondary baffles fire cutting. Anders (the owner of A-Tec) was not interested and said the fire cutting was acceptable. In the end the then importer offered additional stainless steel baffles at his cost.

My own view is that the individuals involved had at least impart an ulteritive motive in all there complaining, never the less throw enough mud and some will stick I guess.:rolleyes:

The great thing about the site is in a few months you guys with the alloy ones will be able to put photos of your baffles after a few hundred rounds down them and everybody will be well informed as what to expect, there for make a informed choice.

ATB

Tahr

Sam PES12 Scout quiet, light……….:eek::rofl:

Using the independent testing you kindly posted on here the other week.

PES12 Scout:- sound reduction 25db, weight 650gm

My A-Tec CCM 385gm

ATB

Tahr

:D My own worst enemy me :doh:. But never mind. I would still go with the PES. You payes your money, and you buys your can.

Sam

Back