Firearms Offences Rise..........!!!!!!!!!!!

B&W FOX

According to the figures released today Shock Horror firearms offences have risen.... until you read the fine detail

PA The number of sexual offences recorded by police in England and Wales in a year has risen to more than 100,000 for the first time, data has shown.
The figures, from the Office for National Statistics, showed a 29% year-on-year increase in sex crimes in 2015.
The number of rapes was 34,741 and other sexual offences was 68,873, bringing the total to 103,614.
The ONS said the rise reflected better recording and "a greater willingness of victims to come forward".
The increase means the number of rapes and other sexual offences now stands at the highest level since the National Crime Recording Standard was introduced in the year ending March 2003.

The ONS Crime Survey for England and Wales also showed an 11% rise in homicides - a category including murders and manslaughter - to 573 offences in 2015, which was the highest number for five years.
[h=2]Firearms offences rise[/h]There was a 27% rise in "violence against the person" offences.
The ONS said: "Improvements in crime recording processes by the police are thought to be the main driver of this change."
Firearms offences recorded by police went up 4%.
"This was largely driven by an 18% increase in offences involving imitation and other weapons such as BB guns [a type of air gun] and soft air weapons," the ONS said. "By contrast, offences involving handguns, shotguns and rifles decreased by 1%."
It is the last set of such crime figures before the Police and Crime Commissioner elections as part of next month's local elections. :rolleyes:

Orion,
Well done you - I wasn't aware of that, worth something in 'negotiations' ?

You know, it has never made any sense to me why they twist things to attack law abiding gun owners - I mean it doesn't achieve anything. Criminals will continue to hold illegally held weapons, the vast majority of which (presumably 99% or more if any reliable stats exist?) are smuggled in from abroad, none of which has anything whatsoever to do with us - any more than licensed car drivers are responsible for unlicensed drivers, there is simply no logic to it.

You wouldn't be in any doubt as to why there have been continuing and unrelenting moves against law abiding gun owners if you read the available sections of the 1972 McKay Report - which concluded that “a reduction in the number of privately held firearms is a desirable end in itself.”

This to my mind has been at the forefront of police and some sectors of the civil service thinking since it's creation and subsequent hiding from public view.

Luckily it's now available to peruse:

https://ukshootingnews.wordpress.com/2015/06/25/mckay-report-1972-in-full/#more-308

So, the tag line here is "Firearms offences rise" when in fact the truth is that "Firearms offences fall".

The problem here is the continued mis-use of the word "Firearm" which is mis-used almost as much as the tabloid's use of the term "weapon" for Section 1 firearms. Sensationalism is understandable at the hands of the tabloids but not acceptable from official sources and should be challenged each and every time it happens. I'm sure we have people within our shooting organisations who spend a good deal of their time challenging officialdom over such twisting of the truth?

So, the tag line here is "Firearms offences rise" when in fact the truth is that "Firearms offences fall".

The problem here is the continued mis-use of the word "Firearm" which is mis-used almost as much as the tabloid's use of the term "weapon" for Section 1 firearms. Sensationalism is understandable at the hands of the tabloids but not acceptable from official sources and should be challenged each and every time it happens. I'm sure we have people within our shooting organisations who spend a good deal of their time challenging officialdom over such twisting of the truth?

Sadly, if we do, they dont have any recorded success.

Back