Millions of Britons to Starve Due to Tough New Immigration Policies

Is the consumption of curry increasing that much - where are all the previous chefs ?

But think of the positives, the NHS will be saving a fortune as there will be far less food poisoning case. Also councils will be able to make savings by laying off hundreds of health inspectors. :rofl:

But think of the positives, the NHS will be saving a fortune as there will be far less food poisoning case. Also councils will be able to make savings by laying off hundreds of health inspectors. :rofl:

And then they'll be able to reduce business rates on the empty premises so town centres can have real shops in them again where people can actually buy things..
I hope it means the kebab shops close as well. It would be nice to be able to walk through the town centre again without being asphyxiated by the reek of flame-grilled dung.

"It would be nice to be able to walk through the town centre again without being asphyxiated by the reek of flame-grilled dung."

​Don't you mean wade through town- (through the litter) ?

Curry................cant stand the stuff.............yuuuuuuuuuuuukkk.

Give me a good plate of fish and chips any day, that's proper food.

Surely there must be loads of up and coming young British chefs who could aquire the skills to be proficient in indian cuisine.

Curry................cant stand the stuff.............yuuuuuuuuuuuukkk.

Give me a good plate of fish and chips any day, that's proper food.

I invite a few shooting friends out for a curry on my birthday, 2 of them including Peter Theobold sit and wait for the steak and chips I have to organise with the restaurant. Quite funny as the chef always gets stressed I have given him Halal beef............
We all tease Terry with offers to taste our food lol

The main thing is we all have a good time....

Tim.243

I could never understand why you would eat anything that is so hot that it strips the roof of your mouth out and leaves you with no taste of the food, but leaves your mouth numb.

Besides the only reason they made it that hot many years back was because the meat was off, to the point of being high.

No thanks a good steak or stew and dumplings, is good British fair. Mind you I quite enjoy a good Chinese meal, but curries................NO.

Good curry is tasty not hot. We don't see much good curry in this country because the majority of fast food curry houses are pandering to the drunks who full of bravado invariably shout out " Oi Johny (Gurka) make it hot". :evil:

If you ever taste a genuine curry Malc properly prepared I am confident that you will become a convert.

A good curry goes with a good pot of tea and afterwards, if not driving, a good whisky. But I've never understood this need to import chefs. Seems the UK curry house industry would sooner import chefs than establish a UK based training resource.

I think it was a racket personally. To get cheap skilled chefs and avoid paying a Brit, be they white, black, red or yellow the reasonable rate for the job. And we don't import Japanese mechanics to work on Japanese cars...or Koreans ditto. It was a racket.

Chinese restaurants have for years passed the skills down to their third or fourth generation British born Chinese. Italian restaurants ditto. No it was a racket to get cheap labour and nothing about any unique "authentic" skills.

Mere Tommyrot!

Last edited:
A good curry goes with a good pot of tea and afterwards, if not driving, a good whisky. But I've never understood this need to import chefs. Seems the UK curry house industry would sooner import chefs than establish a UK based training resource. I think it was a racket personally.

See my earlier post, loads of young chefs who could be taught the skills required to prepare indian dishes.

Good curry is tasty not hot. We don't see much good curry in this country because the majority of fast food curry houses are pandering to the drunks who full of bravado invariably shout out " Oi Johny (Gurka) make it hot". :evil:

If you ever taste a genuine curry Malc properly prepared I am confident that you will become a convert.

+1 Exactly.
Work in the Middle East, and the staple diet here is Indian Food as most of the workers are Indian, as are the chefs.
Been to Goa on holiday a few years back. "Oh, mista, might be tooooo much spicy" In fact it was not 'hot' at all, but very tasty.

On saying that though, after a month of it, you canna beat Mince and Tatties with Brown sauce when i get home.

I had 3 months working in Pune in 2013 and very tasty food it was but not hot hot.
I hear most of the Indian restaurants use Bangladeshi cooks as they are cheaper and those are mainly the illegals.

I saw a Vesta curry meal in a shop some months ago. For old time's sake I bought it and cooked it one day. It tasted awful! Ingredients made from cardboard! What were we thinking of back in the day?

A good curry is one of life's little luxuries. But save me from the really hot ones. Where's the point? The same with the awfully mild ones, with bananas and stuff in them. No taste at all.

Back