Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dead Roebuck

Dead Roebuck

A friend came to my house last week, to show me a roebuck head, he found dead in a field, not far from Perth.
    It was a monster, and I know my photographs don't do it justice. The whisky bottle, is there as a scale to show you the size of the coronets, which is the same size as the bottle. It has been dead since last year, and well dried, and weighing in now at just over 710grms.
    He would have been an impressive beast when alive, or even in velvet.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCN6038.jpg   DSCN6036.jpg   DSCN6034.jpg  

The volume would be huge. Will he get it measured?

Yes he has plans to get it done, if not now, at the Scone Game Fair.

Please report back when you know how it did, especially the volume.

Great find that's a monster
    "A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory." LLAP Leonard Nimoy 1931 - 2015

Looks like it was heading towards a perruque effect, very heavy round the coronet area.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

That is a very heavy looking head. What a shame to find it dead, would have looked stunning alive. Hopefully it will have added to the surrounding population of Roe during the rut.
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to

The head was measured at the Scone Game Fair, this weekend, and scored 170 cic points.

Stunning get it mounted and put up some more pictures. Lets hope he spread his genes.

For interest would it be possible to see the score sheet?