Sickening accident.

Tragic.

A little too excited? a little too careless? a little too confident? and everything coming together at the worst possible moment.

It's easier to blame the gun. Faced with a nightmare like this, who wouldn't?

Deepest sympathies to all involved.

Heart goes out to the families of all those affected.
It sounds like kids mucking about with no knowledge of what the consequences would be.

RIP wee fella

Ed

Makes you think of all the thousands of pellets I fired at the same age and that it only takes one and a micro second to go so terribly wrong. my thoughts also go to out to all concerned at this most terrible of times. Tom

I'm sure this must be devastating for all those involved. My sympathies go especially out to the family of the boy involved and, assuming it was accidental as it appears to have been, to the other kids involved and their families.

My thoughts are with all involved.
Such a sad thing to happen.
I think lots of shooters started with air rifles in their back garden.
I was never allowed an air rifle until I was 15.
At the time I thought my parents were being strict but they done it for my own good.

I believe every gun needs to be kept in a safe to try and prevent accidents such as this.

many of us messed about with air rifles and many can recall small accidents sadly this is a step far above anything I can remember .
condolences to all involved ms
k regards
N

Simply awful for the family and the close friends in a different way - no parent should suffer the death of their child. My heart goes out to the family, my sincere condolences.

Tragic, I know its not popular with those that shoot but this is why licensing of airguns is being introduced north of the border, there have been to many incidents up here.

Will it solve the problem I have my doubts, education? hasn't worked so far,but something needs to be done too many people think airguns are toys, which clearly they are not.

Sincere condolences to the family.

A sad incident indeed and one that will haunt the people left behind for many years to come no doubt, rip little fella.

On a slightly different note is this accurate reporting or has the police another agenda?
Since when was an air rifle a firearm?
As I came to understand it, because the propellant isn't an explosive but compressed air it wasn't or do I have this wrong?
Or being cynical is this just another addition to the firearms statistics to justify any future ideas!

Quote; On Sunday night Suffolk police confirmed that they believed the boy had been injured during the "discharge of a firearm".

Back